Costa Pacifica Cruise Review by mbaker04: I loved my cruise!

mbaker04
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Costa Pacifica Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

I loved my cruise!

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I was a little hesitant to take this cruise due to many negative reviews. I found that many of those were due to the fact that the ship is filled with mostly foreigners. This is true. I personally do not travel to Europe to be with Americans, therefore that did not matter to me; however, it does to many. BTW, I do not speak Italian or French and most people were from Italy or France.

I am a foodie. I do not cruise to eat good food. If you want good food, either stay home (if you can cook) or go out to good restaurants. This is not the place for good food. How can you expect great food when you are paying like $400 for six days? However, there is so much food you can always find something that is fine to eat. I have been cruising for 30 years and I looooove my cruises, but not for gourmet food.

The ship was beautiful and immaculate. The rooms were perfect and the beds were so comfy. I slept really well over the hum of the engine. There were so many different More bars and areas with different types of music playing all over the ship.

I spent a couple of late nights in the disco which was so much fun for people of all ages to dance.

There is little time to spend in any of the ports. I don't think I would have wanted to spend any more time in Savona or Palermo; however I would have loved to stay in Marseille and Rome. There was a horrible lack of organization getting us off the port in Civitavechia. In order to leave the port, we had to stand on a line for about an hour and a half to board a bus to take us to the entrance to the port. We were not allowed to walk or cab it. By the time we waited for the bus, walked to the train station, took the 1.5 hour train ride into Rome, walked to the metro, took the metro to where we wanted to go (Spanish steps and Trevi fountain), we had about 1.5 hours before we had to turn back. For anyone taking this cruise, I would recommend purchasing one of the expensive packages from the ship. My guess is that they get you off the boat early and onto a private bus and you will have an opportunity to see/do more. It's only about 8 euros to get to Rome. I never imagined waiting so long just to get out of the port.

Oh yeah, if you like to drink, the all inclusive drink package is a must! The quality of the liquor, wine and beer was very good. Lots of specialty drinks were included as well.

All in all, this is a great ship if you enjoy cruising. Less

Read more Costa Pacifica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Pacifica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Pacifica Oceanview Adagio Deck

We all LOOOOOOVE Barcelona! My son was supposed to fly out with us after the cruise. He stayed in Barcelona.