“Norwegian overview!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Star

Floatergoat Norwegian Star 2 Norwegian overview!
Floatergoat
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Norwegian is one of my favorite cruise lines......my wife and I are Lattitude:Silver members and have been on 6 or 7 NCL cruises. We got spoiled by the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans. NCL decided to move a new ship ( the STAR)into New Orleans.......bad move! Comparing Star to Spirit is like comparing a cat to what he would normally be trying to cover up! Star is older looking, poorly arranged, noisy, smelly in some places, shows were way down the scale, Second City bunch is less talented, comedians are sub par, stateroom mattresses were pathetic(we requested a swap out, and guess what, they gave us one that was WORSE!), etc.etc. Now, in all fairness to the STAR, I'll give credit where credit is due! Food was good, ambiance in dining areas was nice, bands were good, Kyle(Cruise Director) does a good job. Here's a bit of advice....do not, under any circumstance, accept a room in the back of the ship......noise, along with amplifier vibrations, will keep you awake until approximate 2:30 a.m. every night. CONCLUSION: I still love NCL.....I will not get back on the STAR under any circumstance. KYLE, jump ship and let us know where you land so we can join you again....you deserve better.....we deserve better....the cruising community deserves better!
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside

IX
nice shower......sorry mattress....not many tv channels to chose from....
Published 01/06/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Star Review
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?