Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Neisa: Fun in the Sun

Overall Member Rating

Fun in the Sun

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: San Juan

I went into this cruise with reservation due to the time of year but my husband pushed me to go and I was very pleased we did. Having cruised with Royal Caribbean once before through the Panama Canal they did not disappoint us.

This is the first time we cruised for the fun of it and not for the itinerary. Can't say to much about the islands we went to as they were all very similar and not real interesting. Only did one excursion for snorkeling and that was fun.

The one place we were very pleasantly surprised with was San Juan. Having been there several times many years ago the city has made an amazing comeback. Old San Juan was a great place to spend a few days before the cruise.

So we like to eat at a late dinner and we ended up with no one at our table of 6. We were disappointed as we enjoy meeting new people but our waiter and assistant waiter made up for the lack of company, they were wonderful. I am allergic to onions and unlike Princess and Celebrity More the Brilliance of the Seas accommodated me with wonderful choices with my own sauces.

We found all the employees to be friendly and helpful throughout the cruise. It was difficult to find guests to converse with as at least 50% of the ship were from Porto Rico and most did not speak English or want to speak English. I must say many of them were rude and pushy. We stayed away from the buffet for that very reason.

Entertainment was fun and there was always something to do.

I just wish Royal Caribbean would go to more exotic places so we could cruise the all the time, then they would be my favorite cruise line. Less

Published 01/06/13

Helpful? Thank Neisa

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: K Interior Stateroom

We had a very nice balcony with lots of storage space and hanging clothes area. Shower was larger than usual which does not mean "large" just a little bigger than we usually have. Our cabin was high up and very quite towards the front of the ship.

Read All Interior Stateroom (K) Reviews >>

Really fun and affordable.
Read 2241 San Juan Reviews

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Neisa
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X