Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tdcpm

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: tdcpm
Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Loving the Breeze
I must begin with the fact that I was very apprenhensive after reading so many negative reviews of the Breeze. This was our first Carnival cruise, and I must say I think that it ranks with being one of the best. We have now been on 12 different ships and based on our experience would definately try Carnival again. I will try and be brief, but would answer any questions if you have them. We sailed with our family of four, two adults and two teens. We share two adjoining cabins on deck 10.

Embarkation: We arrived in Miami one day prior to sailing so we were able to be at the dock around 10:30. We boards the ship shortly after 11. It was easy, no lines and lots of happy faces to welcome us.

Dining: We had breakfast in the Marketplace each morning. The food was decent. The eggs were a bit wierd, but there were so many choices and rarely was there a line. Only day we experience a wait was when we were supposed to dock in Grand Turk but couldn't due to wind. They made a ship wide announcement so everyone was up and about the same time. Guys Burgers was a hit with the kids, I never actually ate a burger but my kids loved them. I think they ate there at least daily. The taco/burrito bar was good. Enjoyed both taco and burrito for lunch a few of the days. Lunch at Marketplace was good. I liked the salad bar and although never tried it the stir fry looked good. The pizza was excellent. Loved the argula/proscuttio. My kids also enjoyed the pizza. We had dinner a few nights in main dining room. It was decent, not great but not terrible. We choose "my time" dining and it worked well for scheduling shows and doing things we wanted. We dined one night at the Steakhouse. My husband and daughter loved the filets. My son and I both ordered New York strips and were disappointed. Even after sending it back it still was not good. Everything else we tried there we enjoyed. Not sure I would spend the money on this restaurant. We dined at the Italian restaurant two evenings, loved it. Everything was great. We loved Red Frog Pub on deck five. Service was awesome. We were spoiled with great service from Sherwin.

Cabins: They were decent sized compared to other ships. Our cabin steward Sergio was very good. He always had to room cleaned up and we rarely saw him. He was always helpful and got us whatever we needed. We really enjoyed watching the sunsets from our balconies, and overall thought the rooms were nice.

Shows: We saw the comedy shows a few times they were pretty decent, some better than others. We watched the Latin nights and Brits in Ovation. Liked Brits better than Latin nights, thought they were entertaining. We like Hasbro game show and I even was picked to be on stage. Love show was fun, but disliked the Liars Club show. Overall the entertainment was decent. My kids did the Thrill theater and enjoyed it. We all loved our cruise director Butch. He did a great job making the cruise special and fun.

Ports: We missed Grand Turk due to winds. Kind of felt bad about that, not sure we would have picked a 8 night cruise with only three ports but we made the best of it. Love Domican Republic. We went to Dreams Resort and had a totally awesome day at the beautiful resort. Caracao was okay, got in the afternoon and spend time at beach not realizing all the shops closed at 5. So no time for shopping! Aruba was great, visited Palm beach in the morning then town area for shopping the afternoon.

Pool, waterpark, rope course: Forget about the whole saving chair signs. We only saw one chair towel removed, but there were a lot of chairs saved the entire time. If you want a chair by the pool or upper decks over looking then you must reserve very early in the morning. There are plenty of loungers around the ship but the ones by pool are taken very early. Waterpark was lots of fun, except for the jerk who was a man in probably 50's who squirted by kids in the face until they gave up their space. We complained to guard on duty but nothing was done. Otherwise had a great time there. Ropes course was closed a lot but we did have a chance to try it and enjoyed it.

Overall we loved the cruise, not sure what the negative reviews are about. Stay open minded and if you are booked on Breeze or considering it, you should do it. It is one of our favorite ships and experiences!

Publication Date: 01/05/13