Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Houstonusa: Wonderful relaxing cruise with special Tour in Mexico

Houstonusa
Member Since 2001

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful relaxing cruise with special Tour in Mexico

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

Arrived from Austin,Texas stayed in Baton Rouge the night before and arrived at Port at about 11:00 A.M.
I was going to park at the Ship's parking but saw a parking garage directly across the road from the ship for $ 12.00 a day so parked there and took a free shuttle to the ship.

I was going to check my one suitcase, but did not exactly see where and no one volunteered to take it so ended up boarding with it.

Check-in was fast and smooth and being in Emerald Class boarded right after a wedding party and was in the Windjammer eating a delightful lunch by 12:30

Went to my cabin at 1:30 with my sole piece of luggage and was in the Pool by 2:00
P.M.

Ship was very bright and clean and noticed staff almost everywhere tidying and polishing all the time all week long.

Food was excellent without exception in the main dining room and Windjammer.

Ice show was first class as were the main shows. Other Acts were in my opinion very More poor.

I used my time dining and had no trouble getting a seat with others whenever
I went to the dining room with no reservations. No waiting but I did tend to go between 6:00 and 6:15 which may have helped. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8252

Balcony cabin has lots of closet space and was pretty spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a model of how you can fit everything required in a small space.

A friend I met on the Navigator talked me into going on a rather expensive tour to an Ecological Park called Xcaret for $ 116. but it was the best tour that I have ever been on in 39 years of cruising. Would happily go back again. It is on the mainland and much better than Tulum. They pick you up at the pier and take the ferry to Playa Del Cermen and then boarded a bus for a short 15 minute ride. XCARET is huge covering several hundred acres and while we were actually there only for five hours wished it had been longer. We swam along the underground caves for nearly two hours,Fantastic feeling. You put all your clothes and just keep your swimsuit and stuff everything into bags which they seal at the entrance to the river, they give you a key on an armband and they truck your bag to the exit. You can snorkel if you like but fun just to paddle along and have three rivers courses to choose from. Water is very pleasant and we took the longest one. Then at the end, got dressed and relaxed by the beach, free hammocks and chairs and could have gone swimming in protected areas or by the beach but chose to go on a river trip on a large raft in a gorge poled along by a local who looked 100 % Mayan. Saw a show and lots of parrots and flamingos and many native plants. Saw Mayan runs there as well.Lovely stone and paved paths so wear comfortable shoes. Saw the porpoise shows but missed the main show as we were on the raft ride. Simply could not go to everything in just 5 hours. Reluctantly left at 4:00 P.M. for the bus ride and ferry to the ship.Clean bathrooms, changing rooms and many staff everywhere to help you. Wonderful day. There were only 18 of us on this under advertised tour.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Arrived a bit early to meet friends who were picking me up to spend the day wit them at their Villa in Runaway Bay, so wandered around and found the Local Post office to mail my Christmas letter. Everyone was very helpful and Falmouth will be a great Port for tourists when complete.People should wander beyond the Ship's protected enclosure to see the real Port and buildings. My wife spoiled me for balcony cabins and now cannot do without them. Wished she was there but R.I.P. Nice to have the bed next to the balcony rather than the sofa. I left the sliding door open and listened to the waves all night long. So wonderfully pleasant. I never once used the elevators as stairs are a great way to get extra exercise ! Loved the Adult only pool and swam many lengths there every day except for the last day when they had to empty it as the seas were too high and water was sloshing out. However the large spa pool was not crowded that day so used it then.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

Took the little ferry to the Dock and just wandered along the shore and saw people snorkelling right there. No need to go further. Place is very clean. There was a small straw market and bought a few Christmas souvenirs including a locally made stone bracelet from a woman who was making it right there. Also stopped by the little Museum gift shop and bought a matching necklace at a very good price. Nice to buy things actually made of local stone by local people. Pleasant shopping experience.