Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by botesabin: Carnival Un-Imagination

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Un-Imagination

Sail Date: December 2012

I recently went on the Holiday Cruise on Carnival Imagination...I like to say Carnival Un-imagination or un-inspriation.

I bought this thing called "Faster to Fun", it should be called "faster to frustration". This "faster to fun", should allow you the following features - 1. priority in embarkation (checking in and boarding), 2. Priority for Your time dining and 3. Priority in disembarkation.

Well we only got 1 of the 3, the priority in disembarkation probably because the crew wanted us out of the ship as fast as possible.

Embarkation and Checkin - First of all the person at the port did not know what faster to fun meant and told us to get on the 'normal" line, when i pointed out we had this "cool" feature she finally told us to get on the priority line, where we were the only ones in line. Once in priority, we were suppose to get the first available check-in attendant, but now the guy say only one person processes faster to fun people, but apparently this More attendant also processes other people as well. So we had to wait for 15 mins before we got to see this attendant, in the mean time people who got in the regular time got checked in before we did. So clearly it was not faster to fun. When I voiced my objection to the guy he says I have no patience...I paid for this so obviously I have no patience. Check-in took 30 min even though we were the first in line at the priority lane, I guess Carnival has its own meaning of PRIORITY.

Dining - According to the faster to fun, you should not have to wait in line to either get a table or get a buzzer for a table. But when we went to tell the restaurant manager in the Pride dining room, he told us that was not true and we had to get in line. After waiting for 45 mins in line another member of the restaurant team comes around checking the ship and sail card and lo and behold she says...Why the heck are you guys in line? and immediately gets us a table. Ok so I thought first day this could happen. But no the second day same thing, I had to get into a verbal confrontation with the staff again on the priority issue.

I was not asking for a table then, but with the faster to fun I should have been given priority to be seated or at least given the pager. Again after much argument we finally get a pager.

My conclusion on the Carnival Imagination - the management of Carnival need to train their staff better, if you are selling these "faster to fun" things make sure the staff know what it entails because as a consumer I know what I should be getting.

Aside from this I did not see the enthusiasm from the crew that I was accustomed to in Royal Caribbean. Aside from my room steward, rest of the crew was very lack luster and I was very very disappointed by the whole cruise experience.

If you are thinking of this ship ...Imagine something else Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>