Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Luvingit

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Luvingit
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: Luvingit
Cruise Date: December 2012
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Fine Cruise
This was my second cruise with Celebrity and it was much more enjoyable than the first one on Celebrity Eclipse. Let me get the negatives out first and be done with them since there are only two in my book. This ship doesn't have a Teletron to watch movies out doors. I really enjoyed this feature on Princess. Also, the alcoves on the lawn must be rented out at a steep price. They were mostly empty the whole cruise. I think this is kind of self fish. If anything a $5-10 would be reasonable, but not $100-150. This is ridiculous!

We departed from Miami. Boarding was quick and lines were not ridiculously long as I have experienced with other cruise lines. We were on the ship within 30 minutes after arriving on port. We didn't waste any time to start enjoying the cruise. My husband got the alcoholic drink package so he went straight for the bar; he was best friends with the bar tenders in no time. I got the non-alcoholic drink package and went straight for a caramel macchiato....umm. We both didn't have to get the alcohol drink package which I was glad since I'm not a big drinker. On other cruise lines everyone over 21 has to get the alcohol drink package if one person gets it in their state room. I enjoy the coffees, teas and juices instead. We will definitely go back on Celebrity because of this. My big drinking night was with the young couple we sat with at the dinner table. We tried loaded Coronas in the Sky Lounge.....Had a blast!! One thing to note, Reflection used the space of what was the disco (Q-sar) and turned in into a conference room. So the only place to dance is the Sky Lounge or the deck.

One big plus I also give Celebrity Cruises is the roomy stalls in the public restrooms. This may seem petty, but some of us really appreciate having room to open the door without backing up against the toilet. On this particular ship, the restrooms are equipped with buttons that will automatically open the rest rooms doors. I think this is also a very cool feature. I also noticed that the stateroom shower was roomier than previous ships I have been on. Always a plus. The stateroom was decent. Flat screen TV with many inter active options, you can even see some of your pictures on the stateroom TV before purchasing them.

The ship's public areas were not extremely crowded as many other cruise ships are. This gave us the opportunity to use some of the amenities such as the hammocks, whirlpools and swimming pool without feeling like we were in a can of sardines. The Game room have inter active game tables which we also had the opportunity to enjoy. The library has a big selection of books. I started reading one, but didn't finish it due to all the other stuff going on that I wanted to do.

Our dinning experience was a lot better than we had on the Eclipse. I read a review were they complained about a 2 hr wait time on the eclipse. This was pretty accurate. Our experience on Reflection was totally different. The food came out fast or within a decent wait time, our wait staff was fabulous and the food was just as good too. Just one exception on the food....I was looking forward to the lobster night and after so much anticipation I did not get to enjoy my lobster tail due to over cooking which made it tough and dry. The rib eye dinner was the highlight of my dinners. It was tender and juicy and so was the T-bone steak on a different night. The Ocean view buffet was delicious. They have a good variety and the food was good. I noticed that the eggs Benedict were better on the Eclipse however. This is my favorite breakfast food so I know what a good egg Benedict taste like.

Over all the cruise was great. The ship is only about months old so the staff is still learning, but they really provided great service. Celebrity will hopefully improve some of the things they can improve. You can always count on this cruise line to go out their way to please their customers. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Publication Date: 01/03/13