Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by manyquestionscruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by manyquestionscruiser
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: manyquestionscruiser
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: FO
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Holiday Cruise
This is our second RC cruise--last one was 7 years ago. Some things very similar--game shows, fun vibe, very friendly and very helpful staff.

Some things worse--food has definitely deteriorated. Seven years ago I would have described dining room food as excellent. This time--fair. Most of the dishes were lukewarm, the vegetables were always undercooked (almost raw)and I am a big veggie fan, and most of the entrees were rather bland. The dessserts were typically excellent. Even the breakfasts were always cold--eggs esp unappealing when cold. Windjammer even more mediocre although fruit always a good option.

Some things better--nice layout of ship. Easy to find your way around. Loved the Promenade which was a good gathering spot for people. Loved the Promenade Cafe which was open 24 hours, had excellent sandwiches and always available coffee with hot milk (yum). No pushing of alcohol on this ship which I appreciated. Also found the gym and spa area to be lovely and spotless, the Atrium is gorgeous with a huge hot tub, and the mini golf course well maintained.Ice skating rink a fun addition but rarely open.

Our cabin attendant was excellent. Thanks to CC, we asked for an ice bucket early on and it was filled twice a day so we didn't have to go stand in line at the bars in search of ice every day and were not dehydrated. He also provided robes when I asked and kept the cabin beautifully despite our messiness. Our main waiter was efficient and attentive but not particularly friendly. Our assistant waiter, was a gem--22 years old, always smiling.

Entertainment--typical. Comedian headliner first day not so great. Production number Vegas night fair. Singers not that good. Loved the Beatles tribute band as did everyone else. Loved the piano bar pianist. Fun place to hang out. Never could find a good place to dance before midnight and we would tucker out by then. They need to find more interesting entertainment for the headline shows. Loved the game shows as always--good for laughs. The parade and Christmas caroling were lots of fun.

The Bad--I was unhappy to read that in the previous week a passenger got a bad cold, cough, fever etc. My son and I had the same thing happen despite compulsive handwashing. He was sick for three days--I was sick for two and then cruise was over and I am still recovering (day 5).

Ports were OK--not really my favorite as the beaches were crowded and the surf was rougher than I imagined. I thought the Carribean Sea would be flat and gentle, but there were waves everywhere we went except Eagle Beach on Aruba.

Curacao was pretty. Highly recommend taking the ship tour to the shipwreck in Aruba for great snorkeling. Best of our trip.

We had no problem with rude passengers on our holiday cruise. Everyone was very nice and polite. Ship never felt crowded to me except waiting to get into dining room.

Embarking at 5 PM was a breeze and self serve disembarkation also very quick and efficient.

Publication Date: 01/02/13