Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by endres

Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

This will be short and sweet. I loved the cruise. Embarkation was easy and fairly quick. I would suggest filling out things online ahead of time if possible. I was very impressed by the size of the ship. I had seen other reviews saying negative things about the ship (missing elevator buttons, dirty carpet, etc.), but I noticed nothing of the sort.

Everything was wonderful! The food was great. I definitely recommend going to Portifino (the filet was excellent). Also, breakfast was best in the dining room. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was so willing to help get anything we needed.

I wasn't sure what to expect with the entertainment but I was pleasantly surprised. The QUEST adult scavenger hunt is a must! I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. The ice show is also another must see.

I liked the ports of call for the most part. Puerto Rico was my least favorite. It reminded me of Los Angeles quite a bit. Much more Americanized than I expected. The other islands were great. St. Maarten had the best shopping (even though St. Thomas is the recommended place for shopping). On St. Maarten, if you want to go to the beach, go to Orient Beach on the french side. It is well worth the extra 15 minutes and cab fare to go over there. It was absolutely beautiful. We went sailing and snorkeling (Buck Island) on St. Thomas.

It was great! Overall we had a wonderful vacation! I definitely recommend this ship/cruise to anyone thinking about it! You won't be disappointed!!

Publication Date: 07/13/05