Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by crazylazy

Member Name: crazylazy
Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Allure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean Crise Dec 2 - Dec 9
In general, I was impressed by the innovation and the strategy adopted by RCI. I believe they are coming out with fantastic ships and shows. However, the software (entertainment system, airline online check in etc) need to be improved.

Embarkation and disembarkation: It was quite efficient, we got to the lounge a few minutes before boarding started and everything went quite smoothly. Getting off the ship was smooth and everthing ran like clockwork.

Dining:

- main diaing room: The service was great and I have not seen the Head Waiter working as hard with patrons. Anna coming over to say hi and check on the service and food every evening. Our Waiter and Assistant Waiter were fantastic as well. The food was even better than what we had when we were on Queen Victoria last year. Roast Beef, Lamb chop, duck and the list goes on.

- Windjammer: a bit disappointing. For a ship of this size, Windjammer need to provide more sitting and food stations to minimize the line up

- Cafe Central was great, but be expected to wait if you visit for tables at prime hours. The roast beef was good too.

Cabin: Very typical of any mass market ships. I was having an inside cabin with the bed in between the door and the sitting area. I do prefer the older configuration with the bed at the end of the stateroom.

Entertainment:

- Blue Planet: The best show I have seen at sea. Do not miss that.

- Chicago: Another do not miss show.

- Ice Show: Typical of the ice shows Royal Caribbean offers in the Voyager and freedom class of ships

- Aqua show: Another do not miss show.

- The Comedy show (18+): Was funny, but the venue was quite small and can only accommodate about 120 people, so try to book early

- The ZIP line was fun but too short; preparation work took 5 minutes and the ride was 10 seconds, but a first at sea.

- Flowrider and rock climbing similar to the ones provided in the some of RCI ships

Strength:

- the shows were the best I have seen at seas. Both the variety and quality of the shows were great.- the entertainment and the communities do cater to the younger generation. With the younger crowd the atmosphere were more upbeat than some other lines catering to the more mature clientele.

Opportunities:

- the entertainment registration system was terrible at best. There were shows we could not book online. On the date of embarkation, we lined up to update the booking. We waited for 45 minutes and was told resservations been upodated. When I checked online from my stateroom the following day, none of the changes were reflected and I had to wait for 15 minutes in line at the customer service and took over 45 minutes working with the customer service rep. None of the update done was reflected and I could not get registered to the comedy show. The representative sent an email to the entertainment manager and said the entertainment manager will get back within the next 24 hours. 36 hours passed, nothing happened and I had to go and wait in line at the customer service again. I was greeted by one of the assistant manager there who promised to look into that for me. And he did, the next day, I got a call from the customer service that I got my booking for the comedy show. Unfortunately when I showed up at the show at the given time, there was no record of my booking. They did let me in after all. It is great to provide a system for the vacationers to pre-register but failure upon failure certainly did not leave a positive experience to patrons.

- a free service was provided by RCI for patrons to do airline online check in. I think that was a great service but unfortunately, it took me more than an hour and had to get the IT service personnel to help before I could complete the checkin. I was originally impressed by the service but was quite frustrated at the end. If RCI could not deliver the service, then please do not indicate it is available.

Will I go back:

- Yes I would, may try the Oasis. Hopefully they can improve on areas I mentioned.

Publication Date: 01/01/13