Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tuvok37

Member Name: tuvok37
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: 8P
Public Rooms 5+

Not such a Breeze, after all
Overall, we were very disappointed with our 18th CCL, marking 120 days. This experience, plus the experience of our last 3 CCL cruises is causing us to put a hold on further CCL cruises, and we have our 5th Dream cruise booked for March. That one is in serious jeopardy. Although, (tongue in cheek) Carnival did send us a welcome email following the cruise to our new "red" VIFP status. Seriously?

To put this in context we are 40 something DINK. We have taken a total of 33 cruises over the last 17 years to the Caribbean, Alaska, Pacific Coast, South America and Europe on 8 different cruise lines. We have been loyal to CCL as you can tell by the ratio of their cruises.

What I liked:

spa cabin - beautiful

Cloud 9 thermal suite - so relaxing

Waterworks - too much FUN

Past guest party - fun

Serenity - relaxing

Library - lots of new books, great variety.

Ship - it's stunning, gorgeous and a joy to walk around. Too bad Princess doesn't own it.

What I didn't like:

Service - slow, no initiative, where has the joy gone?

Food - MDR food was never hot, they never brought the appetizers in the order requested. Lido: deli is great, why does only one guy work there? Line as long as Mong Wok.

MDR - jammed in like sardines, slow service (anytime dining)

Amenities - had to continually asked steward to replace items, like glasses, shampoo...

Punchliner brunch - go for the food but don't pretend like there's a comedy show...3 minutes of nothing. But we did get to use our drink coupons.

Library - can't access half of the books because the librarian can't leave the bar side to go to the family side (without a sigh and looking up the liquor). Can't return to anywhere but the library during regular hours or you get a $25 charge per book. Used to be able to return to GSD. Get a drop box for pete's sake. But thanks for calling at 11 pm to inform me of the charge to my account.

Thermal Suite - how can so much of this can be so non-serviceable after only a few months? Pool couldn't keep the temp, the shower was broken, and the Staff spend way too much time putting glitter on their eyes instead of becoming knowledgeable about the product. Gong Show spa staff.

Room Service - ordered, never came. Ever.

VIFP rooms supposed to be ready on embarkation. Not.

Luggage - VIFP supposed to be given priority. Not. And it was broken on disembarkation.

Guy's burgers gave me gastro issues. I was brave enough to try another one. Yep, same result.

RFP wings were greasy and slimy. Service was uninspired. Didn't get the RF coaster under my RF beer. Hello?

Laundry credit - this is improperly handled by guest services/accounting. If you are platinum, beware of the phantom OBC which really isn't an OBC at all.

This is the shortened version of what I sent via the post-cruise survey. We followed up with a Princess cruise right after and the difference in everything was amazing. We did miss the Thermal Suite but that's about it. Lots of folks had fun on this cruise and had no issues. I'm glad. This was my experience and the things that bothered me may not bother you. That's okay, that's the way it works.

Publication Date: 01/01/13