Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by grifdoglover

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by grifdoglover
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: grifdoglover
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Never again
I would say I am ambivalent now about cruising and will only do luxury if possible in the future. This was a Christmas cruise on celebrity constellation.

Embankment took about an hour. Had two insides that adjoined with our adult children which made the spaces more livable. Cabin was ok except for the cots they called beds. Cabin service was excellent but that was the only excellent I would give. We enjoyed the food but had to haggle to get the early dining requested the ten months before in booking. Celebrity needs to do open seating...they will need more restaurants to do this. Late seating wide open. The Christmas buffet was wonderful, but dinners were not as impressive as past cruises. No lobster tails and the $40 pp to get into their specialty restaurants was a bit much for family of four. Seems like everything is extra now on board Entertainment was ok. No quartets lounge singer only and beyonce christmas songs till i wanted to jump overboard. It also pissed me off that formal attirecwas not enforced...i had to wear dress and cart suit etc.. some men no ties or jackets. eithervend it or enforce it.

The days at sea did not have lots of fun things to do like cooking demos or napkin folding etc. some trivia and bingo was a real joke. Bingo prizes small and cramed into small theater. No drink service there and had to beg for it in the casino. Spa service hard sells...get indivual services as two together not as good as each separate. The food and service were way better then holland but like I said I will step up next time. The ship overall was nice for older ship and they had Purcell everywhere which I appreciated very much.

Unfortunately we did not realize Jamaica had Boxing Day holiday so the island was crowded. We did our own excursions and had a good time but grand cayman had six or seven ships in port...insane and not enjoyable. I take responsibility for not checking that out somehow before. We had a good time because we were together as family and we were all in need of a vacation, but I will never do Christmas again and will save up to step up to luxury lines.

Together and were all in need of a vacation but I will never do holiday sailing again and will save up to do luxury next time. FYI I have had cabins of all kinds family , sky suites, verandas and insides. Again will ask whether cots or beds next time.

Publication Date: 12/31/12