“Alaska / Tracy Arm Fjord”
Cruise review of Celebrity Infinity

tabecker Celebrity Infinity 5 Alaska / Tracy Arm Fjord
tabecker
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
So as it goes with suites and aquaclass passengers embarkation was great since we get expedited check in. I also did my on line check in so that made it even faster with a total of 10 minutes from taxi at port to champagne on board. My original state room was 6027 aquaclass, but when I looked at it I had to call down and complain. The bathroom mirror was shattered, and some of the shower glass cracked. The told me yes that they knew this on the last cruise and he just not gotten the materials for the repair yet. I complained even more. Not only are you aware the room is damaged but you have it to me any way! So they upgraded me into a sky suite, that had no damage. My new state room was 9023. It was spacious and beautiful, but then again Celebrity is always beautiful. In a sky suite you also have a butler which I found entertaining. I don't think we called on our butler once the entire cruise. I simply don't need a butler, and am pretty self sufficient, but he was there should we have needed him. As with aquaclass we dined in Blu every night. I find food a bit difficult for me on cruises. It is not there fault however but my own. I only eat white meat boneless skinless chicken. I do not eat any other meat seafood or fish. Every cruise I have taken thus far typically only have one constant chicken dish. Cruises are usually geared around a culinary journey. So for 6 nights I ate their constant menu dish of airline chicken. It is well named as the texture and taste do represent airline food well. The staff was courteous as always, the shining star ??of staff members was none other than Ian the cruise director, and on this cruise I didn't have any staff member below par so there isn't one to complain about. The shows were entertaining, all of the performers did a very good job. I especially enjoyed the boogie wonderland show. I taped my feet to every song. The ports were all wonderful, and beautiful. They all offered shopping galore and great excursions. I bought a few new pieces of jewelry, and enjoyed every shop. We went through the Tracy Arm Fjord, and it was breath taking I spent hours on my veranda watching and taking photos. We got so close to the glacier that my zoom lense made it look as though we were against it. I did find shopping on board the ship a little lacking, but where it lacked the casino sure made up for it. No I didn't win but I lost well! This cruise is one I recommend, and as always book aquaclass or higher.
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Sky Suite 1

Port
So beautiful, and although we did not take an excursion it wasn't for lack of great ones to take. The port was fabulous tons of good resteraunts, great shopping, and was simply charming.
Read 1,242 Ketchikan Reviews
Port
Lots of shopping. This port has a dog sled ride that I wish I would have taken. I still regret it. I may have to do this cruise over just to take that excursion
Read 831 Skagway Reviews
Butchart Gardens
The gardens are magical. This is a must take excursion. If you do not see this then you have missed it all. Breath taking there just aren't words for the wonders you will find here.
Published 12/31/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Infinity Review
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?