“Great week”

bcaha
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Just got back from the Allure and will post a review while it's all still fresh in my mind. This cruise was more about the ship than about the ports, in contrast to previous cruises we have taken. We had one ocean view balcony room and 2 Central Park balcony rooms. Our young adult kids were in the Central Park rooms and they liked them better than ocean view rooms. They even spotted me having breakfast one morning in the park and came down to join me. My favorite spot on the ship was the Park Cafe for breakfast. Very peaceful, even on a crowded ship. Make sure to see Chicago, Blue Planet and Ocean Aria. We reserved Chicago about 2 months prior to sailing, however, once we boarded we accidentally discovered that the date of the show had been changed. This affected our dinner plans for two days. It worked out fine, but it was a good thing we found out and were still able to see the show. I mention this so that you will know to check your Personal Calendar on the tv menu in your stateroom. That's how we realized the date and time was changed. Dining room food wasn't great, but the my time dining worked very well. We were able to change our reservation time whenever we needed to without any issues. I felt like the ship was extremely crowded - over 6000 passengers for the Christmas cruise. It was sometimes tough to get an elevator. However, even with the crowds we never had trouble getting a lounge chair in sun or shade. You can always find at least a couple of chairs.
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
We prepurchased a day pass for the British Colonial Hilton. It was a tiny, but nice beach. Very easy, short walk from the ship. This was perfect since we were only in port till 1 pm. We managed to spend about 4 hours at the beach. The lunch was fine, drinks were great. The cost was incorporated into the cost of the day pass. When we first got there, we were the only ones on the beach. The cruise ships are right next to the beach.
Read 4,118 Nassau Reviews
Port
We took a cab to Orient Beach (Bikini Beach). Just a gorgeous beach with fun, small waves. We probably overpaid for lounge chairs though, $10 each.
St. John Tour
We used the St. John coastal tour excursion simply for transportation directly from the ship to St John. It made more sense to us than taking a taxi and then a boat. This was easy. Once at St John we left the tour and took a taxi to Cinnamon Bay. It's beautiful there, but no chairs on the beach. There were restrooms and a decent restaurant for lunch. The area is very rustic due to the campgrounds there. We've been to Trunk Bay in the past and I think I prefer Trunk Bay to Cinnamon, but both are gorgeous.
Published 12/31/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?