Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by bcaha: Great week

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great week

Sail Date: December 2012

Just got back from the Allure and will post a review while it's all still fresh in my mind. This cruise was more about the ship than about the ports, in contrast to previous cruises we have taken. We had one ocean view balcony room and 2 Central Park balcony rooms. Our young adult kids were in the Central Park rooms and they liked them better than ocean view rooms. They even spotted me having breakfast one morning in the park and came down to join me.

My favorite spot on the ship was the Park Cafe for breakfast. Very peaceful, even on a crowded ship.

Make sure to see Chicago, Blue Planet and Ocean Aria. We reserved Chicago about 2 months prior to sailing, however, once we boarded we accidentally discovered that the date of the show had been changed. This affected our dinner plans for two days. It worked out fine, but it was a good thing we found out and were still able to see the show. I mention this so that you will know to check your Personal Calendar on the tv More menu in your stateroom. That's how we realized the date and time was changed.

Dining room food wasn't great, but the my time dining worked very well. We were able to change our reservation time whenever we needed to without any issues.

I felt like the ship was extremely crowded - over 6000 passengers for the Christmas cruise. It was sometimes tough to get an elevator. However, even with the crowds we never had trouble getting a lounge chair in sun or shade. You can always find at least a couple of chairs. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10

Central Park balcony rooms are highly recommended. Deck 11. Just keep the curtains closed while changing!

We prepurchased a day pass for the British Colonial Hilton. It was a tiny, but nice beach. Very easy, short walk from the ship. This was perfect since we were only in port till 1 pm. We managed to spend about 4 hours at the beach. The lunch was fine, drinks were great. The cost was incorporated into the cost of the day pass. When we first got there, we were the only ones on the beach. The cruise ships are right next to the beach.
Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

We took a cab to Orient Beach (Bikini Beach). Just a gorgeous beach with fun, small waves. We probably overpaid for lounge chairs though, $10 each.

St. John Tour

(5)
We used the St. John coastal tour excursion simply for transportation directly from the ship to St John. It made more sense to us than taking a taxi and then a boat. This was easy. Once at St John we left the tour and took a taxi to Cinnamon Bay. It's beautiful there, but no chairs on the beach. There were restrooms and a decent restaurant for lunch. The area is very rustic due to the campgrounds there. We've been to Trunk Bay in the past and I think I prefer Trunk Bay to Cinnamon, but both are gorgeous.