Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by bcaha

Member Name: bcaha
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: C2

Great week
Just got back from the Allure and will post a review while it's all still fresh in my mind. This cruise was more about the ship than about the ports, in contrast to previous cruises we have taken. We had one ocean view balcony room and 2 Central Park balcony rooms. Our young adult kids were in the Central Park rooms and they liked them better than ocean view rooms. They even spotted me having breakfast one morning in the park and came down to join me.

My favorite spot on the ship was the Park Cafe for breakfast. Very peaceful, even on a crowded ship.

Make sure to see Chicago, Blue Planet and Ocean Aria. We reserved Chicago about 2 months prior to sailing, however, once we boarded we accidentally discovered that the date of the show had been changed. This affected our dinner plans for two days. It worked out fine, but it was a good thing we found out and were still able to see the show. I mention this so that you will know to check your Personal Calendar on the tv menu in your stateroom. That's how we realized the date and time was changed.

Dining room food wasn't great, but the my time dining worked very well. We were able to change our reservation time whenever we needed to without any issues.

I felt like the ship was extremely crowded - over 6000 passengers for the Christmas cruise. It was sometimes tough to get an elevator. However, even with the crowds we never had trouble getting a lounge chair in sun or shade. You can always find at least a couple of chairs.

Publication Date: 12/31/12