Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by tabecker: Unfortunately unimpressed

Unfortunately unimpressed

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego

Embarkation was quick an uneventful, as it has been on all three Celebrity cruises I have taken. I recommend Aquaclass not only for the spa advantages and Blu dining but also for expedited check in.
Cabo San Lucas, and Puerta Vallarta were the only two ports worth visiting. We did not book any excursions. Personally you can only zip line, parasail, and lay out on a beach so many times before frankly you have just done it.
I personally though the Guatemala and Costa Rica ports were disgusting. Even the air risked of dirty.
The cruise ship however was beautiful as is typical for Celebrity. This was my second cruise on the infinity in six months so it was a little boring the second time. The main shows were the same, but still very good. The comedian Fred Klett was beyond hilarious. Other than that the other shows were a waste of time, energy to the performers, and money for the cruise line to book.
The staff were wonderful courteous, and efficient. A bright shining star More of staff members was an activities staff person named Mark Western. He was wonderful, and single handedly made our cruise spectacular. He was so funny, and worked so hard to make you feel wanted and welcomed. The worst staff person was the cruise director Patti Honecki. Not only was she not personable, she was also never around. I only saw her o. The ship off stage once, and that's pretty bad for a 15 day cruise. While on stage she was unimpressive, and her attempt at humor always fell short of funny and fell far more into awkward. I do however give her kudos for loosing the 60 pounds she lost. She only told us every time she got on stage.
There was a norovirus outbreak, but the staff got on top of it, and my husband and I did not end up getting sick.
All in all this cruise was good, as far as the ship it was perfect the ports fell short. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity 1117

Great view from our veranda, small compared to the solstice class line, closet was tiny, bathroom was tini tiny.