Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by manderssward: Great Cruise for Teens!

manderssward

Great Cruise for Teens!

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Majesty of the Seas was my first cruise, so I didn't have any standards to exceed. However, I have been on several since then, and Majesty was just as good as the Disney Dream! First off, I did go on this cruise with several friends of mine (it was a orchestra "field trip") and we are all 18 years and under. So having friends to goof off with may have made any cruise more fun.

Boarding time took literally 20 minutes. It was lightning quick! All we had to do was show our passports or birth certificates, and some other legal documents/tickets and off we went! We booked it to the pool, and lounged in the sun wearing our sweatpants since our luggage hadn't arrived yet. Lots of people were already drinking, but everyone was very polite and not annoying drinkers. The staff greeted us like we were royalty.

Our rooms were teeny tiny, but hey, they were cheap! I was in an interior stateroom with two other girls, and we basically made the floor our closet. The More bathroom was clean and the actual closet was too small to fit all our clothes in. (We may have over packed, though...) The staff were eager to help us with any problems we encountered, (none), and man let me tell you, they must go to school to learn how to make those towel animals! Amazing! It was really weird how dark those rooms get, though. We were really tired so we went to bed at 9. (Still can't believe it.) Our chaperone came knocking on our door at 11:30 for a room check, and when we finally woke up, we thought it was 3 am, it was SO quiet and dark. Very relaxing, really!

The food. Oh man, the food. SO. GOOD. This may be personal opinion, but I consider myself the food master. RCCL food is better than Holland America and Disney. Our waiter was named Renato, and he was SO FUN. We sang Lady Gaga together and he gave us at least 5 baskets of rolls per meal. The rolls were so so so good. The other waitress was named Mini, and she didn't speak English. She just filled our drinks but seemed so sweet! I think we had the 5:30 dining time, so it was always a rush to do our hair and makeup with three girls sharing one space, but we managed.

We were kind of disappointed at the "teen club" because literally there was NOTHING to do there. We walked in and walked out. But it was fun anyways, because we found some cute guys and played man hunt. And took lots of pictures. The pool was filled to the brim with little kids, but it worked out for us cause we just wanted to tan. PLUS we were so busy at the ports that we were never bored by the pool.

Nassau was so much fun. We decided to go swim with stingrays and the water was SO cold, but the rays were so fun. The guy who worked it was really fun to talk to. The beach where this was located was small and private, so we had a lot of free time to relax in the sun without anyone there. We also went to the market and tried our hand at bartering, and I turned out to be terrible.

Coco Cay was AWESOME. The barbecue that they served was yummy. The mac n cheese was kind of gross though. The beach was really nice, and my friend went snorkeling (he's a pro at it) and he really enjoyed it. The scenery was beautiful, and it was very clean.

When we had to disembark off the ship, I wanted to cry. I really didn't want to leave! It was so wonderful. But it took no time at all to go through all the lines, and we were back on our charter bus really fast.

All in all, GREAT CRUISE. I would give anything to go on it again. But it might not be as much fun with just my family. (No offense, mom and dad). Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 5

Tiny closet, very quiet, very dark at night. Bathrooms were small but fine for me.

(5.5)
CocoCay was very clean, and nice to relax on. Lots of my friends went snorkeling, but I preferred to just tan and people watch. The bbq they served was pretty good. Mac N Cheese was not good but burgers were great! Fruit was awesome, too. (I needed some healthy food to balance out the pizza bar I had each night....)
Read 223 CocoCay Reviews

Stingray Encounter

(5.5)
Lots of fun, the beach was nice and quiet, and the string rays were really cool. We only spent about 10 minutes in the water with them, because the water was freezing. But the guide was super fun.