Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Edgemere: Unbiased

Value for Money

Unbiased

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Other

My wife and I have cruised before on NCL, Princess and Celebrity this because rooms for 5 persons were available and we had 4 grandchildren traveling with the group was the reason we selected Carnival. The room for 5 was an outside cabin set up wonderfully as was the first cove balcony with room for 3. Our Cabin which was 2435 was also a cove balcony for 3 and was a nightmare when it came to trying to sleep as the noise above the cabin was at times loud and other times unbearable. This cabin is under the galley and should be sold only to those passengers who are either hard of hearing or by the Central Intelligence Agency to be used to garner intelligence from prisoners now that waterboarding is no longer in vogue.

The good news is our daughter and son and their respective spouses had a very enjoyable time. My grandchildren ages 8, 6, 5 and 3 loved their first cruise and enjoyed all the facilities including Camp Carnival. Would my wife and I ever choose to sail with Carnival More again the answer is a Resounding NO based on our sleepness nights because of our accomodation. For those cruise passengers who enjoy hot food at dinner at least in the Scarlet Restaurant to which we were assisned it was rarely hot but the grandkids seemed to enjoy the many options. My wife and I could not despite reporting the noise above our room to the service desk could not lower the din above us but were reimbursed 20% of what we had paid for the room. Happy and safe cruising to all. Less

Published 12/31/12

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: 7C2435 Cove Balcony

Never book or be booked in room 2435 on the Carnival Dream - the noise above is most unpleasant.

Read All Cove Balcony (7C) Reviews >>

BS.cavetubling.com - fantastic day not booked with the cruise line great guides and included lunch went with ages from 69 to age 3.

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!