Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Edgemere

Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Unbiased
My wife and I have cruised before on NCL, Princess and Celebrity this because rooms for 5 persons were available and we had 4 grandchildren traveling with the group was the reason we selected Carnival. The room for 5 was an outside cabin set up wonderfully as was the first cove balcony with room for 3. Our Cabin which was 2435 was also a cove balcony for 3 and was a nightmare when it came to trying to sleep as the noise above the cabin was at times loud and other times unbearable. This cabin is under the galley and should be sold only to those passengers who are either hard of hearing or by the Central Intelligence Agency to be used to garner intelligence from prisoners now that waterboarding is no longer in vogue.

The good news is our daughter and son and their respective spouses had a very enjoyable time. My grandchildren ages 8, 6, 5 and 3 loved their first cruise and enjoyed all the facilities including Camp Carnival. Would my wife and I ever choose to sail with Carnival again the answer is a Resounding NO based on our sleepness nights because of our accomodation. For those cruise passengers who enjoy hot food at dinner at least in the Scarlet Restaurant to which we were assisned it was rarely hot but the grandkids seemed to enjoy the many options. My wife and I could not despite reporting the noise above our room to the service desk could not lower the din above us but were reimbursed 20% of what we had paid for the room. Happy and safe cruising to all.

Publication Date: 12/31/12