Azamara Journey Cruise Review by NY Longhorn: Amazing Journey
Overall Member Rating
I traveled with a large group of people from the US on the Azamara Journey departing from Chennai India to the ports of: Port Blair; Yangon, Myanmar, Patong, Thailand; & Singapore. Overall, the cruise and service was great. Here are the highlights and the lowlights:
1) Ships service was top notch. Staff goes above and beyond to please. Shore excursion staff and Guest Relations deserve a AAA+. Room attendants are extremely attentive. Everywhere you go on the ship, the staff is obviously trained to be very friendly and helpful.
2) Shore Excursions were plentiful and inexpensive if booked in advance. Shore excursions staff was knowledgeable and helpful and aimed to please.
3) Quality of food and boutique wines on board was quite good. You rarely have to ask for a glass of wine, the staff is generally there to pour it for you.
1) Entertainment was probably the worst I have seen on any cruise ship. I've heard More you don't get good entertainment on smaller ships, but why is that? I think Azamara can do better here.
2) Local tour guides were hit and miss. Some were excellent, but others were difficult to understand or had trouble with time management. We took tours in every port and I'd say we had about 50% good tour guides.
3) The gym is very small and on the first day had equipment that was out of service.
4) There are only 2 shops on board and they are not worthy of shopping. Less
Read more Azamara Journey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azamara Journey Review >>
50th birthday cruise l wouldn'...
Pacific Eden to Indonesia
Don't choose Pacific Eden for ...
Loved the disabled people on b...
Small Ship but Something for E...
A Thoroughly Interesting, Enjo...
Lovely trip; very nice cruise ...
A Good Cruise