Disney Dream Cruise Review by coldflame: Third time in four months aboard the Disney Dream
Member Since 2012
Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises
Third time in four months aboard the Disney Dream
As the title says, this latest trip was our third time in four months aboard the Disney Dream. I've already written lengthy reviews for our first two voyages, so this time I will make it short with some things worth highlighting and "low lighting".
The "low-light" highlights
* The xmas decor was beautiful, but not wide-spread in the ship at all. Other than the main lobby/atrium, there really wasn't much in the way of seasonal theming. Restaurants did no offer any seasonal items in the menu as one might expect. There was no caroling or other typical events usually associated with the christmas season. In short, xmas decor was skin deep, so to speak. While I fully understand that their passengers come from different cultures and beliefs, such half-hearted attempt will please no one neither those who enjoy the season nor those who do not align with the xmas celebration.
The "spotlight" highlights
* Brand new Cruise Director! While Cruise Director "Clayton" did More a good job, he could be rather overbearing. It seemed as if he liked to hear his own voice in the ship's PA system -- not a few hours went by without him making some sort of announcement, and his church-like, motivational "rituals" before each of the nightly shows got rather bothersome, to be honest. Natalie (the new Cruise Director), in contrast, very much to-the-point, in the background kind of personality. She was cheerful yet mindful to let people go at their own pace. A definite plus.
* House-keeping was even better than usual. Yasa did such an amazing work that we felt compelled to leave extra gratuity for him and a well-deserved "excellent" rating.
* This time, there was no "water day" in the itinerary, which was great since we are not particularly keen of as most resources are cut thin and large crowds at most facilites can become an annoyance. All said, however, we had a blast. Myself, my wife and out kids (7 and 2) could not be happier with Disney Cruises and we will likely be sailing with them again sometime next year (or sooner if they got nice deals).
* Castaway Cay was nicely decorated for xmas/winter. They certainly did a MUCH better job in the decoration department. Less
Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>
Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 6
Jan 19-23 4 night cruise, bewa...
Disney does not disappoint
First Timer on the DCL