MSC Poesia Cruise Review by CruisingGuyMWL: MSC POESIA

Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

MSC POESIA

Sail Date: December 2012

This is one mans opinion. First the plus. The the ship is very beautiful. The coffee is good and hot. The omelet is also good and hot.
The ports of call are also good.

Now the minuses.
Food is cold both in the dining room and the buffet. The ice cream served in the dining room was warm. The lobster tail was soft it fell apart when you tried to pick it up. Service was very slow, but could have been the fault of the kitchen and not the wait staff.
My wife had to sit on a cube at the dressing table. We had no couch but two armless chairs in our room. The balcony was small with two small chairs and very small table.
As to the shows in the theater, the announcement were made in German, French, Spanish and Italian and followed by English. This took about five minutes. The shows were only twenty five minutes long.

As I said the ports of call are good but poorly planned. We got to Martinique on Sunday. Everything was closed in Fort de France. We went to More a rum distillery which was open because it was part of a planed shore excursion. The next poor planing was Freeport. We booked a shore excursion that was planned for four hours. We got to Freeport at 3:00pm. It gets dark around 5:00pm.

As a follow up my wife lost 5lbs and I lost 1lb. I guess that was because I loved the desserts both in the dining room and the buffet. Less

Published 12/31/12

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 1112155

Our cabin was under the buffet and every time a chair was moved we heard it.

CruisingGuyMWL
Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X