“LOVED IT!”
Cruise review of Holland America Zuiderdam

Iamcookiea Zuiderdam 5 LOVED IT!
Iamcookiea
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My 12/12/12 birthday deserved a special event to celebrate, so I chose this Panama Canal cruise. I loved that this cruise began & ended in Florida. There were 4 of us in our party, two of us has interior staterooms and two of us had a veranda stateroom. Yes, being freshly out of dry dock, there were a couple of issues on the ship, but the crew, the ambiance and the dynamic of the voyage MORE than made up for any issues we encountered. There was always plenty to do on board - whether you wanted to do something healthy, food-related, shop, bingo, piano bars, trivia, dancing, dynamic excursions - it was all there for the taking! You could do everything or nothing! The room stewards were 'right there' making sure your room was clean and that you always had what you asked for; the dining room stewards were magical with what they could offer and serve, based on the wonderful offerings from the kitchen; the entertainment was varied and quite good; the shops offered large varieties of merchandise and the excursions were outstanding!
Zuiderdam Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Loved the versatility if the shelving in the closets! Room was very well insulated and quiet.

Panama Canal Tour
I recommend this tour highly! I felt like I was re-living history! To see the workmanship and craftsmanship that was introduced 100 years ago was awesome! At one point we could touch the walls of the canal -- almost took my breath away! Something to tell my grandchildren...
Tayutic Hacienda
Exceptional! Felt like I was a family member- tour guide Eddy was informative, funny and very knowledgeable. Would recommend this tour highly.
Published 12/30/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Zuiderdam Review
Zuiderdam Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?