Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Iamcookiea: LOVED IT!

Iamcookiea
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Zuiderdam Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

LOVED IT!

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

My 12/12/12 birthday deserved a special event to celebrate, so I chose this Panama Canal cruise. I loved that this cruise began & ended in Florida. There were 4 of us in our party, two of us has interior staterooms and two of us had a veranda stateroom.

Yes, being freshly out of dry dock, there were a couple of issues on the ship, but the crew, the ambiance and the dynamic of the voyage MORE than made up for any issues we encountered. There was always plenty to do on board - whether you wanted to do something healthy, food-related, shop, bingo, piano bars, trivia, dancing, dynamic excursions - it was all there for the taking! You could do everything or nothing!

The room stewards were 'right there' making sure your room was clean and that you always had what you asked for; the dining room stewards were magical with what they could offer and serve, based on the wonderful offerings from the kitchen; the entertainment was varied and quite good; the shops offered large More varieties of merchandise and the excursions were outstanding! Less

Read more Zuiderdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zuiderdam Review >>

City Tour

(5)
Fernando was a great guide - loved the churches!

Panama Canal Tour

(5)
I recommend this tour highly! I felt like I was re-living history! To see the workmanship and craftsmanship that was introduced 100 years ago was awesome! At one point we could touch the walls of the canal -- almost took my breath away! Something to tell my grandchildren...

Swimming on horseback was exhilarating!

Tayutic Hacienda

(5)
Exceptional! Felt like I was a family member- tour guide Eddy was informative, funny and very knowledgeable. Would recommend this tour highly.