Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by vanvleckeren: Beautiful ship and ports

Beautiful ship and ports

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Amsterdam

I took Brilliance of the Seas last June from Amsterdam to Geiranger, Alesund, Molde and Bergen, Norway last June.

It was really a wonderful trip. The entertainment on the ship was the best I have seen. The cruise director was highly engaged and his staff was very active in engaging with the passengers and planning activities and entertainment. There was an excellent singer in the Schooner lounge named Manda Vincent every night, and the shows in the theater were excellent. On the penultimate night of the cruise, we were treated to a show by an excellent American singer, Aaron Shaw, who put on a wonderful show.

Our dining room waitor, Hari Kotian, could not have offered better service. He made it very easy to arrange an alternate plans the night I couldn't make dinner in time because I was kayaking in Geiranger. He made sure we were always happy with the food.

This ship is among the more beautiful that I have seen because so many of its public areas have More large glass areas open to the sea. The trip up through the North Sea and back is rough, and the days at sea were cold and windy. The solarium got a bit crowded as a result. But the ship offered a lot of activities. The Solarium snack bar was improved over what was offered on Vision of the Seas and this ship included a sandwich bar in the front upper deck.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience that I would love to repeat. Less

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Brilliance of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2

The cabin was reasonably nice. Ship cabins are small unless you pay a lot, and I have other priorities. Cabin is not that important to me, but this one was clean and well located. It also had a balcony, which was very nice.

I loved Amsterdam. Lots to see, and more economical than I expected. I ate at Haesje Claes, MAX and Toscannini and really liked all of them. There was lots of interesting information on Amsterdam's past at the City Museum. Most interesting to me was the period of the Nazi Occupation. The canal cruise gave a great perspective of the city, and I loved the bike tour I took with Mike's Bike Tours.

Excellent port. We took a really good historical tour here. The city is beautiful and we were lucky to be there on a rare (I'm told) beautiful day. If you're on a tight budget, take advantage of the food on the ship rather than eating here. It's very expensive.
Read 174 Bergen Reviews