Not So Legendary: Carnival Legend Cruise Review by KennySoCal
Overall Member Rating
Not So Legendary
Destination: Western Caribbean
Plusses for the cruise:
1. Room Stewards (outstanding service and friendly interaction)
2. YTD Waiters (always given best recommendations and good service; was friendly when we returned one cold dish)
3. Trivia staff (always kept it fun)
Minuses for the cruise:
1. Food: Consistently terrible in the buffet. I'll never understand why they purport to serve those powdery scrambled egg-stuffs. Bacon Nazis on duty who will give you the dregs and crumbs if you ask for more. Mean-spirited servers all around in the buffet, including staff who expect you to jump out of their way on a dime. MDR food was a C-level diner acceptable. Steakhouse was good. I would not equate More it with Ruth's Chris or Morton's, but it is on the level of an Outback as far as taste and food quality.
2. Shore excursion organization. One of my party has mobility difficulties. One morning, no one made the elevator available for disembarkation to the tender. There was simply no one available, with no apologies. Additionally, on the Tulum tour, the ferry operator forced us to the top, open deck (even with my partner's disability), where we rode in driving rain that actually painfully stung when the boat was going fast. To be fair, the operator did refund 25% of this fee, but it was unacceptable.
3. The ship, overall, is old and needs updates.
4. Debarkation was ridiculous! People were placed in rooms where speakers do not work, so zones couldn't be heard. Misinformation was rampant and people were debarking when they shouldn't or overstaying when they could have debarked. Less