Carnival Dream Cruise Review by RavenLunatic

Carnival Dream
Member Name: RavenLunatic
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Carnival Dream or NIGHTMARE !
This is a Long winded rant, so i will try to keep it at a Minimum.

To start the cruise off.. I am a Platinum member, and as we entered the port terminal, we were PHYSICALLY directed into the regular Check in line. we went through the line, waited, while the others in my party, were through already. by the time i got to the agent, she looked at me like I purposely entered the wrong line, and stated, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS LINE, YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH VIP... ((Really ?? you think ?? )) She then, had to temporarily close the line I was in, and walk to the other side of the terminal to get my Room keys from VIP, and walk back. After that ordeal, We ran the Gauntlet, of Photographers, and boarded. we had a quick lunch, attended the fire drill as usual. then went back to wait for our luggage, we waited till 7:30 pm.. Missed dinner, and still NO LUGGAGE. Out cabin steward stopped by to introduce himself, ( Great guy ) He went with me to look for it out in the halls, and then finally to cust. service, Where it was behind the counter. Now here is why i was a bit angry about my luggage being held, and NO WORD AT ALL, till I.. had to go look for it.. I have a bad gall Bladder, that requires medication, when I do have an attack. it is horribly painful, and persistent. Apparently my wife had packed a small travel iron ( I agree, She should NOT have, and she KNEW BETTER ) BUT.. To hold my luggage, and meds. and keep me in PAIN for over an Hour.. is Uncalled for.

I had to stand there an additional HOUR.. waiting for a member of security to come up, and get my cabin steward back, SO they could go through EVERYTHING in my luggage in front of 4 other people, strewing everything out on the floor. after all is said an done, the confiscate the iron. ( No big deal ) they shoved everything back in the bags,and I was given a completely insincere "I'm sorry" for the inconvenience and I am THEN.. 2.5 hours later.. able to take my meds. We have now. Missed dinner, and had to go up to the lido for LOUSY pizza.

((WELCOME ABOARD RIGHT ??))

AFter a Lack luster dinner meal, We hit the Soft serve Frozen yogurt, and back to the cabin for an early bed time. Then the NOISE.. We were on Deck 2 all the way to the front. ((OMG)) There was such an incredible POUNDING reverberating through the room it was near impossible to sleep, I called guest services, to complain about the " work crew banging below deck, and was told, it was the waves, hitting the side of the ship, and again.. was given an Epic fail, of an Apology, ((which sounded like the 100th one issued that night.)) The sleep we did get, was Out of pure exhaustion. ((This was EVERY NIGHT.. of our cruise))

No follow ups, NOTHING was done to even try to help.. This is how they treat thier Platinum members??? {The service was VERY GOOD all around,} With the exception of the LOUSY MANAGEMENT staff.

The entertainment on this cruise.. was some of the WORST i have seen and heard.. They could learn a lot from ROYAL CARIBBEAN, and DISNEY ... The CARNIVAL DREAM was a NIGHTMARE for my group of 5.. and JUST from the treatment on this cruise and all the other little things.. I will be hard pressed to EVER sail with Carnival Again.. The over all Quality has Gone WAY DOWN, as has the Customer service aspect of this particular cruise line. WE enjoyed all the Ports.. The food for the most part was Good enough, The dream for its size, is SO HEAVILY jammed with things to generate money they take away from the passengers comfort. the dream is one of the LEAST favorite and unmemorable ships I have ever sailed.

Publication Date: 12/30/12