Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by melaw70

Embarkation: Charleston
Destination: Bahamas
Public Rooms Not Rated

December 20th, 2012..Carnival Fantasy Review
I traveled with my family of 5 for a Holiday cruise to do something different this year. I was on the same cruise last June. The differences I noticed right off was the food, it was TERRIBLE. Secondly, it was the service in the dining room room, the staff was impatient and rude. Our cabin stewards, Johnson and Leka were wonderful and the Fantasy Dancers and singers were awesome as a positive note.

Nassau, did the day pass to the Sheraton via the number 10 jitney (bus) and it worked out well. Gas is $5.84 a gallon and I still had to force a $5.00 bill for four of us for the ride there. Oh, and we walked in the hotel to outside by the pool and was approached by a pool shack employee, he only charged us $10.00 per person as opposed to $25.00 per person. That was cool. Included towels and goggles for the kids. Food was good too. Ocean had floating seaweed that was kind of freaky. Now Freeport is a different story, it cost us $40.00 to ride there and back packed in a van to the Grand Lucayan Resort. I bought the day pass at the info center at the port. I think it was $40 for all 4 of us. The resort was nice, they do not take cash so bring credit card.

In a way I regret booking my next cruise in June before this one as I probably would have changed ships or lines. However, it is convenient as I only live 20 minutes to the port. Hopefully, more ships will be coming to Charleston.

Lastly, we all got the flu and my mom spent almost the entire cruise in bed. Lots of finger licking at the buffets. next time I will do dining room only. can never get in hot tubs, always packed. Tight slots. But, I still always make the best and am grateful. Cheers!

Publication Date: 12/30/12