Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by grandbev: Not a fan then and not a fan now

grandbev
Member Since 2012

Public Rooms Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Not a fan then and not a fan now

Sail Date: December 2012

Our very first cruise was 25 years ago for our honeymoon. We went on the then new Carnival Celebration. We got hooked on cruising but not with Carnival. We decided to return for our 25th anniversary and try them out again aboard their newest entry to their fleet..The Carnival Breeze. I must say that the decor was certainly underwhelming but I knew that the Farkus touch and bling would be gone. Our Cove balcony stateroom was quite nice except for the artwork that looked like my 2 1/2 year old grandson created it in nursery school. I can't imagine why with their connection to Park West. Our embarkation was surprisingly easy and we arrived earlier than the e-mail we received suggested which was 2-5.

The ship is big but surprisingly easier than you would imagine to get around. The pools were incredibly small considering that the ship had 4200 passengers. The seating areas were also not designed well as I believe that space was used for all the eating venues and bars of More which there were many. The hot tubs were mostly located on the Lanaii which we didn't even know about as we never found an indication that they were there. Maybe our fault but not entirely. I would certainly suggest an incabin video touring the entire ship.

We had anytime eating and were pleasantly surprised that we were given our requested table for 2 at 7pm each night. The Sapphire dining room was bland as was the food. Our head waitress was great though. We thought all the food was fair at best. Hubby loved Guy's hamburgers. The most awful food was the scrambled eggs. I am not sure they were eggs at all. Those have got to go! We did not try out the steakhouse or Italian restaurant and we don't eat sushi. The pizza was fair. None of the breads or desserts were great except for melting cake.

The entertainment was poor. Hasbro game shows for two nights! You have to be kidding. The Playlist Latin Nights lacked talent altogether.

Hubby and I needed this trip as I had open heart surgery in March. I didn't have to worry about anything exciting me too much! We will cruise again but probably not on Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2386

We did enjoy the Cove balcony. It had a wonderful amount of storage. I am not a light packer as we do not have to fly to the ships and if all my stuff fit then no one would have a problem. The bathroom was very pretty. I loved the blue they used. I also liked the door and window effect. What I object to the most is that you allow smoking on the balconies. We could not go out there one evening because of a nearby cigar smoker. I have asthma so that smoke smell made me sick.

We got off the ship and walked. This was a boring stop. One hour later we were back on the ship. We don't do beaches as we live in South Florida and don't do beaches here either.
Read 801 Antigua Reviews

This was our first time in Nassau and hopefully our last. We did take a cab to Atlantis and paid for an overpriced tour of the aquarium. This hotel is special and the only way I would return to this place is to be a guest. The strawmarket was awful. I did not find the people particularly friendly either. It seemed a waste to go there. I would have preferred my last day of the cruise to be a sea day.
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

I love St. Thomas as I am a shopaholic. Years ago we did the touring thing and know we do the shopping thing.
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews

This was our second visit. We took an excursion to Pusser's Landing ont he north shore. Unfortunately the weather was awful. We boarded an open air vehicle at 8am and it was raining hard and believe or not really cold and as we climber it got colder. We had a good group so we all laughed about "freezing" in the Caribbean. When we finally got to our destination we were given half an hour to look around.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews