Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by grandbev

Member Name: grandbev
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: 7c
Public Rooms Not Rated

Not a fan then and not a fan now
Our very first cruise was 25 years ago for our honeymoon. We went on the then new Carnival Celebration. We got hooked on cruising but not with Carnival. We decided to return for our 25th anniversary and try them out again aboard their newest entry to their fleet..The Carnival Breeze. I must say that the decor was certainly underwhelming but I knew that the Farkus touch and bling would be gone. Our Cove balcony stateroom was quite nice except for the artwork that looked like my 2 1/2 year old grandson created it in nursery school. I can't imagine why with their connection to Park West. Our embarkation was surprisingly easy and we arrived earlier than the e-mail we received suggested which was 2-5.

The ship is big but surprisingly easier than you would imagine to get around. The pools were incredibly small considering that the ship had 4200 passengers. The seating areas were also not designed well as I believe that space was used for all the eating venues and bars of which there were many. The hot tubs were mostly located on the Lanaii which we didn't even know about as we never found an indication that they were there. Maybe our fault but not entirely. I would certainly suggest an incabin video touring the entire ship.

We had anytime eating and were pleasantly surprised that we were given our requested table for 2 at 7pm each night. The Sapphire dining room was bland as was the food. Our head waitress was great though. We thought all the food was fair at best. Hubby loved Guy's hamburgers. The most awful food was the scrambled eggs. I am not sure they were eggs at all. Those have got to go! We did not try out the steakhouse or Italian restaurant and we don't eat sushi. The pizza was fair. None of the breads or desserts were great except for melting cake.

The entertainment was poor. Hasbro game shows for two nights! You have to be kidding. The Playlist Latin Nights lacked talent altogether.

Hubby and I needed this trip as I had open heart surgery in March. I didn't have to worry about anything exciting me too much! We will cruise again but probably not on Carnival.

Publication Date: 12/30/12