Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by jbackus8746: Another wonderful cruise with Princess

jbackus8746
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Another wonderful cruise with Princess

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Embarkation was smooth. We arrived and were placed quickly to the ticket counter. Got our room key, entered room and left for lunch. We went to lunch at the Coral Dining room which opens at 12. It beats line at the buffet hands down.

We never ate at the buffet due to my health, I have been recovering from a from of cancer called Multiple Myeloma. That means as of now I have no immune system so the doctors suggested sit down dining or room service. That was fine with me.

We ate every time dining and some nights made a reservation for two with a particular waiter we enjoyed. We tipped him and his assistant on the last night. We did treat ourselves to the Crown which was wonderful. The steak was out of this world and the lobster was from Maine and very good.

Room Service was great. We had a steward named Jane who seemed over worked. I think its a shame they do not have assistants as they did in the past. She was responsible for 19 cabins. That is too much, but More she did a great job and we left her a tip for her efforts.

We went to a couple of the shows, but you need to get their early to get a seat, one was a for a group that sang Jersey Boys material and they were good. The second was singers and dancers and they were Ok.

We used the casino had a nice time there a couple of nights. We also spent time just sitting on the balcony.

Aruba never been there before we took a snorkeling trip and was enjoyable for all. In Curacao we took a tour of museums and caves, very good. We did not get off the ship for Princess Cay as we have been there enough.

Overall the ship crew was very friendly. I really cannot think of one thing that I did not like or thought could be better. I did put down the deposit on a future cruise. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess Suite with Balcony Aloha c715

C 715 In the aft of the ship, which was nice. The shower is small the room size is ok as well as the balcony. Room service was very good.

Snorkeling

(4)
We were met at the dock and off we went for a nice boat ride. We went two spots of open water snorkeling. ONe was off a wrecked WWII German ship.

Island Tour

(5)
We traveled with a guide on a bus to a museum which was nice, a liquor factory and my favorite some caves.