Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by jsinflsunshine

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by jsinflsunshine
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: jsinflsunshine
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: D8
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Anniversary Cruise
We chose the Allure for our Anniversary Celebration, and certainly have no regrets.

First of all, embarkation was a breeze. We used the online process; and once we were at the port all we had to do was check in and have our pictures taken. After we received our set sail passes, we were on the ship in about 1/2 hour.

Needless to say, we immediately had one of the famous roast beef sandwiches and a lemonade for lunch(in Central Park) ; while waiting for our stateroom.

At 1PM the announcement was made that the staterooms were ready. We were unpacked and out on our Balcony by 1:30. Staterooms had a nice amount of space in closets; AND plenty of hangers!

We pre-ordered the Classic Romance package, Champagne and yummy cupcakes ( 4 huge ones, which took us 4 days to eat) were delivered right before sail-a-way. These, plus a number of other "treats" were delivered during the week; making the package a great decision to purchase.

The Allure doesn't disappoint. She is clean, beautiful, and has many works of art to view. Central Park is an oasis of calm. Prominade Deck, is glitzy and always something going on. Fun to have a cocktail in Scooners or Rising Tide to take in all the action.

On most days, we had breakfast delivered to our stateroom. Always enjoyed on our balcony. Johnny Rockets is good for breakfast on Port days. We tried it once, and weren't disappointed. Our romance breakfast was very nice.

We had My Time Dining. We liked that we could plan Dinner around shows, and Port Days. We didn't have a problem with menus. There just seemed to be soooooo many "bodies" zooming around, in a hurried fashion. I know that this is impossible to change, due to the volumn of passengers served, but it gives the dining experience the feeling of dining in a "hamster habitrail".

On the last evening, we decided to make it an easy night. Had a person pizza made at Sorrento's, by the sweetest, most delightful, young lady. All of the staff were very engaging. They packaged it, to go. We enjoyed it in our Stateroom, with the last half bottle of wine that we carried on the ship. Yayyyy, for being able to bring two bottles on board!

Almost forgot, we had lunch in the Solorium (Donno why I have so much trouble, spelling that word (: ) one day. That lead to an obsession with their oatmeal bars, and trail mix cookies!

We enjoyed all of the shows. The talent was Terriffic. You have to pinch yourself, when in the Amber Theater to realize that you are on a cruise ship. We watched the Aqua Theater show from the "secret balcony deck 11" . Birds eye view, and loved it! Chicago was well acted, and fast moving. Ice Show was fun. Blue Planet was lovely. Great sets!

After breakfast on our balcony (always delivered promptly and pleasantly ). We left the ship to wander around Nassau. I had Down loaded a walking tour, from the Internet; and it was a huge help. We saw every point of interest in Nassau during a 2 and 1/2 hour enjoyable walk. Plus a little shopping at the port.

We loved our Stateroom attendant, Alexander Brown. He was the source of help and joy during the entire cruise. I miss his booming, smiling, greetings every time he would see us. Of course there were the array of towel creatures, to delight us!

We did panoramic tours of both St Thomas and St Maarten. Both were very nice, and drivers were informative. St Thomas was very nice; but, hands down, St Maarten has our hearts. We will go back, some day.

We had our own little golf tournament on the Allure Dunes. Fun stuff! Checked out every inch of the ship. Relaxed, and people watched, by the pool a couple of times. Watched wipe-outs on the flow-rider and observed zip-liners. Did some shopping.. naturally, there's always time for shopping! Personnel in the stores were helpful and very pleasent.

Had a Fiesta at Rita's. Good time, good Margy's, "Rita" was fun and got everyone involved in the festivities. Servers were in a great spirit and genuinely seemed to want each guest to have a pleasent evening.

Well, here it comes: There were two episodes which kept our cruise from being idyllic. The first was the demeaner of one of the sales persons in the Focus Photo Shop. He certainly gave the impression that we were on the ship to serve him. He was very dismissive and unpleasant. As part of our Classic Romance Package, we were able to choose a framed picture. He called it "a freebee". Hummmmm, not so much, my friend!

The second: We were being shown to our table in the dining room, by a young lady who was very angry about something that must have happened on her job. She walked way ahead of us to our table, she mumbled something, and then as I sat down, she pushed the chair in, aggressively (striking me in the back of my legs). I said ouch, but not wanting to further disrupt the enjoyment of our evening, I said nothing further. After arriving at home, I was shocked to see that I have huge bruises on each leg, and a large amount of broken blood vessels. Ouch!

As wonderful, as most employees on the cruise were; I would be remiss if I didn't warn you that you need to be aware that everybody doesn't love their job, and you as a passenger, in an equal manner. Thank God, they are in the minority. And yes, I have given Royal Caribbean a heads up.

Leaving the Ship, was easy-peasy. We calculated that from the time we left our assigned gathering place, in the dining room; it was 30 minutes total: Off the ship, gathering luggage, through customs, picked up by waiting shuttle, at car, on I95! Genius!

All in all, a great Anniversary Celebration, for "Two drifters, off to see the world".

Publication Date: 12/30/12