Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by thegrans

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

90th Birthday Cruise on Bahamas Celebration
90th Birthday Cruise on Bahamas Celebration Once again, I must write a review about the awesome time we had on the Bahamas Celebration.

On December 5th, 2012, we sailed on the Bahamas Celebration to celebrate my mother-in-law's 90th birthday which was the 6th of December. This was my husband and my 10th time on board. It was the first time for my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, her husband, and for my brother-in-law and his wife. We had planned to be in Freeport, Bahamas on my mother-in-law's actual birthday.

From the moment we stepped into the terminal in West Palm Beach, everyone treated her like royalty. From the initial boarding photo (which was taken by Ava Zimmerman) to the portraits, to the special photos in the Crystal dining room on the night of her birthday; all the photos were awesome as usual! A big thank you to Martin and his staff for all the special things they did, especially taping the birthday song in the Crystal and the photo package. Kudos and keep up the good work! Don't know how you do it, but the photos keep getting better and better! Thank you to Jose Rosado for the upgrade, that was very nice of you.

Mom is handicapped and her cabin steward went out of his way to make her comfortable and to make sure she had everything she needed.

It was kind of providential that most of the entertainers who were onboard, were ones whom we already knew and have become friends with. Jim Ward, keep up the good work of choosing these great acts! Simon and Lyric are fabulous, as is Darius, the Gaucho! It was nice to see Shane Phillips again in Pub 437! We were so happy to see that although Steve Zimmerman is now Cruise Director, (Yea!!!!!! About time!), he still does a slightly condensed version of his comedy show! He is Awesome!!!!! A great decision on the promotion! Also noted some wonderful changes, like the $3 drinks in the view, and the 2 for 1 drinks in the Pub at certain times.

Caribbean Idol contest still going on, my husband actually wound up competing in the finals with his brother, but my husband won a free cruise with his version of "Wonderful World". We will be back soon.

The food in all the restaurants, was excellent, as usual. (Wish I could get away from ordering the Beef Wellington in the Crystal, but it is so very good.)

Max, was so very attentive to Mom, he even sang songs in Italian to her in the dining room! He had a special birthday cake made for her; and made arrangements for all the senior officers (including Captain Jans) to come to our table in the Crystal Dining Room to sing "Happy Birthday" to her with all the waiters and bus persons. She was made to feel so very special. It was wonderful for us to see how happy she was. (It was very important to us because just a month earlier, she had lost her husband.) Of course, Everton Caruthers (in the dining room) was his usual outgoing self, and couldn't have been more solicitous or helpful. We love him! The entire crew and staff are wonderful! I find it amazing that when I call the front desk, I am able to identify the person on the other end of the phone by voice. It really makes it feel like home. Maribelle is awesome!

For those of our family who had never cruised on Bahamas Celebration before, it was an excellent experience! They were all sorry that the cruise was not longer. Everyone was happy with every aspect of the cruise. The only complaint that was voiced, was one that I've made myself;(having nothing to do with the crew or staff) and that is the location of the electric outlet in the suites. It is located under the windows, nowhere near the vanity where you would be doing your hair or makeup! Please let this be one thing that will be corrected when the ship goes into dry-dock next month.

We can't wait to come back and see how the ship will be improved (can't imagine, except for refreshing) while in dry-dock!

Everyone keep up the good work! We love you!

Publication Date: 12/29/12