Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by txlolly: OK Cruise but not one of our favorite

txlolly
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

OK Cruise but not one of our favorite

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

We had a bad start to our cruise being waiting at airport for shuttle because of a problem at the dock. About 6 people arrived at airport before us but when shuttle arrived we were allowed on 2nd shuttle. Names were taken by how we arrived but no order by how we went on bus. When we got to dock there was the LONGEST LINE I have ever seen! You had to find your way because no one was directing. My husband was on crutches because his ALS affects his balance and his leg strength isn't good. No offer of a wheelchair for the hour we stood outside in line to get in building. Once inside we did get assistance.

No complaints about the ship and we didn't run into constant trying to sell us extras like alot of others talked about, infact we we pretty much not even asked anything.

We had a free spa treatment which was great and the girl told about other services but no hard sell.

Entertainment was ok. We really enjoyed ice show.

As far as food we ate at More Johnny Rockets twice and loved both times, great service. MDR dinner we only went 1st and last night. Wish we hadn't gone the last night, felt like we were on trial, every wait staff that came to table asked where we had been eating. We were really uncomfortable.

Food was OK not bad but nothing really great, can't think of anything we ate that stood out. Fountain drinks were really bad though but royal Caribbean did refund me for my fountain pkg.

This was our 2nd Royal Caribbean cruise but I doubt if we will use them again unless we get a really big deal and then I doubt if we would consider. Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6

Our balcony had more privacy than Princess cruise we went on but there was no lounge, which we missed. Cabin was small but right off elevator so it was great. Very quiet.