Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by DrTy: Read this review

Read this review

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

First off let me tell you about me. If you have similar interests and expectations as I do, I bet you will have the same great experience I had.
I am a young adult (26) working in biotechnology. I have been married for 2 years. My wife and I love traveling. I have sailed on Disney, Princess, RC, and Regent. This was my first carnival cruise and 3rd time to Mexico Riviera.
SPLENDOR REVIEW:
We chose the sail the splendor because the timing was perfect, we've never sailed Carnival, and it was inexpensive.
Before booking I was so confused about the reviews because they were on both extreme sides of the spectrum. After sailing I can see why. My parents only have sailed on the Regent cruise (about $6000 a person per cruise). They didn't like the splendor because it was a party ship and was not a crazy nice ship. My sister and brother in law really liked it. They only have sailed a time or two on carnival. If you pay $500 a person for a balcony, don't expect to More get a five star experience. With that said I felt we got our money's worth.

Getting on and off the ship was a breeze. Literally no wait either way. Get there early. We got there at 10 and got out key cards then went and got our bags and walked on.

***Dining***: This seemed to be great. Our waiters were AMAZING. They worked hard and were funny. The dinners were 90% great. The desserts were great but we just ordered the Chocolate lava cake or whatever it's called every time. If you like chocolate it's great. Cheesecake sucked bad! Id give the dining 4/5
***Facilities***: Staterooms are great, clean, and cozy. Our cleaner was awesome! Safe in the room was great to store cash and passport. 5/5
*Entertainment*: The only real weakness I saw. 90% of shows were horrible. It was a bunch of wanna-be performers. I don't know what else to say but they were really bad. The good thing is there is a lot more to do.
***Ports***: This was the highlight of the trip. I won't include this in the scoring of the ship review because its not a part of the ship. Cabo was fun. Lover's beach was a great place to snorkel and explore. In PV we did extreme canopy. (Speed boat, SUV, Mules, Zip line, Repelling, Waterfalls, Waterslides)
Overall: If you go on board with an expectation of a 5 star ship you will be disappointed with constant loud music, above average food, and good service. If you go on with an open mind and a good attitude you will have a great time and a lot of fun! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

In Cabo, Just relax and enjoy the beachs. Rent a paddle board (2 for $20) and paddle around the ship.

Extreme Canopy

(5)
This was the highlight of th whole vacation! They added two water slides and more repelling. Note: They are very strict on the 250 lb limit