Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Beecruising

Cabin Category: 8C
        13-15 1.0
Rates 5+

Dream did not disappoint
I have to say after reading all the bad reviews of the Dream I was extremely worried that i had made a mistake by leaving RCCL after 14 cruises but i was wrong.

We were at the port by 11am and we used Park and Cruise and saved lots of money and it was easy if you dont mind waiting 15 minutes for the bus. We were onboard by 1130 and this included them losing my sail pass and having to issue me a new card. They took care of the problem and we were onboard within 15 minutes.

As for those who wonder if they can take coke or gatorade or water the anwer is yes as long as it is unopen and not alcohol they do not give you a hard time at all. Just be aware that you will dragging this stuff with you until 1 when you are allowed in your room.

The room was big and clean and the cabin person was excellant. Now for the bad DO NOT BOOK THIS ROOM it is extremely noisy all night long you hear them wheeling around the carts upstairs, I dont mind a little bit of noise but this was all night and not remotely mild, I paid more to change from deck six thinking the deck 5 would be smokey but what a mistake that turned out to be that is the BAD , DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 9396.

As for the my time dining , this is not an issue if you go by 530 and get in line and if you get someone you like we had Arvin ask for him every night and they will. I did hear alot of people complain about the bad service but if you dont make changes you will remain unhappy with dining so make changes dont complain. As for the food overall it was good, Lobster great, the food was warm but good never cold. If you do not like it send it back and get something else and although my husand and i like the food by 14 year old tolerated it and my daughter starved. The pizzi is great, Lido buffet was okay, hot food at the china place and sandwichs are alway available as well. Food was in my opinion better the expected.

The shows were good and the comedy show was very funny with the exception of one comedian which was awful and needed to pracctice some more.The dancers are very good. Bingo needed an uplift very boring. Overall GOOD entertainment.

Casino the machines are very tight although theyy sent me free wind at dinner thank god i won at the Ports because they just suck you money on the ship. THe only good thing is after 1500 points they give you free drinks.

The ugly, internet after spending a fortune onboard 1800 tab and thousands in the casino i went to the internet manager to get a refund since it was impossible to use the internet as it was so slow we could not open our email and after fighting with the girl i realize i was just wasting my breath as she did not want to hear it.You know its not about the charge just the principal of not getting something i paid for not to mention she was rude and arogant.

I was very pleased with the staff, cleaniness of the ship and her overall trip.

Would i make change if i go on her again you bet, room and internet. I think Carnvail has really done alot to change and make crusing a great experience and i hope to use them again very soon.

Publication Date: 12/29/12