Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by jaxw17: Disappointment

Disappointment

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Other

This was our 7th cruise but our first with Cunard. We booked to treat our 10 year old Grandson. The zone the children s play area did not let us down in fact they were brilliant. Cannot say the same for some of the children who attended who seemed to be unsupervised by their parents around the ship.
The food in the main restaurant was very good and the service efficient. The Lido dining was a different matter I found it confusing to get around and queuing to make your own tea and coffee a faff.I did not find that the range of food was as good as say on Princess or celebrity.
There were some very rude people in the dining room who thought nothing of barging in front of you that went for other places on the ship as well.
The stateroom was nice but the 3rd bed really restricts you. The steward Pops was the best we have ever had on any cruise.
The ship itself is beautiful. very well maintained and designed. I did feel that there was a lot of movement and vibration that More made the journey tiresome.
Apart from when we were in the canaries the public areas of the ship were incredibly hot and very uncomfortable.
I had an incident with an officer from the bridge and I complained about her to customer services. They at first did not come back to me and then when I inquired further they came back with an unsatisfactory response.
The drinks were overpriced as they usually are but these were even more so.
We met some lovely people but in the same vein met some of the most snobbish rude people we have ever met.
The embarkation was a disaster with long queues to get on board and a strange system for checking people in.
Disembarkation was easy.
We enjoyed the Yatch club we did not attend the theater but was told by loads of people that the comedian was first rate as was the black singer. We were also told that the other production left a lot to be desired.
So it is mixed feeling that I have about Cunard and I cannot answer truthfully if I would sail with her again. Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>