Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by babylnor

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by babylnor
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: babylnor
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: 06
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

15 December Connie
This was my 3rd Celebrity sailing and I've become a stalwart supporter of the Celebrity product. However, on this sailing if it could go wrong....

Embarkation: Received an email from Celebrity prior to sailing that due to their recent TA repo embarkation would be delayed and not to arrive until 1300. This appeared not to be true as I met several passengers that had been on board since 1100. Hmmm... So I arrived at 12 Noon. :) The lines were quite long when I arrived but what's an hour wait when you are going on a cruise-I could deal! On board at 1300-Room was ready at 1315 or so they said...

Cabin/stateroom attendant: Was not ready at 1315, still materials from previous tenants in the room, surfaces not cleaned, and no paperwork delivered, but bathroom done and bed made. My room steward, Eden stated he'd take care of it. I get back to the room at 1900 to get ready for dinner. Nothing had been "taken care of" yet. So, I call guest relations and leave for evening activities-return at 12M-my celebrity today had been slid under the door, no turn down service, washed down all the surfaces and picked up the room myself, and worst of all no chocolates. :( Next day he meets me in the hall hands me my Cap't Club info(unfortunately didn't realize until later they were for the wrong tier so I couldn't use them) he apologized for yesterday's service, we have a little conversation --so I think everything is worked out. Well apparently the understanding was only mine--I ended up only receiving chocolates one night, no celebrity tote bag, had to go to guest services for my Celebrity Today 3x during cruise. Oh well, guess you can't have it all.

Entertainment: Was fine except for a little snafu-the IHollywood performance had to be rescheduled until the end of the cruise. However, the stage malfunctioned then and they had to cancel the performance. I enjoyed the acapella band "Top Shelf" so much that I bought their CD.

Food: The food was great. Insider's secret: Go to the MDR for breakfast and lunch on sea days..YUM! They always have something different and excellent-plus you get that great dining room service. I had a seafood wellington that was yummy. I, also had a homemade paparadelle with marinara sauce that was to die for and it was from the buffet!! Yes, I find that the buffet generally offeres the same types of items-however, I can't imagine cruising long enough to get sick of them--just too many choices. The food at the Aqua spa cafe was also very nice, however, that brings me to the next subject....

Service: I won't mention the stateroom attendant again! For the most part, everyone is friendly, helpful and goes out of their way to remember you,what you like, and how you like it.

At Cafe al Bacio-yummy deserts and any kind of coffee, plus the gelateria across the way. They make homemade waffle cones right there it wafts throughout Deck 5 enticing you....the head barista there always remembered what I liked -didn't have to ask!! She remembered my name, too!

In the MDR Grey, our waiter and Jeffrey our assistant waiter were phenomenal. The big sea day buffet had been canceled (the Maitre d' stated it was due to just coming back from the TA repo-as they usually have one on a 5 day cruise)so Jeffery made us some fruit art at the table to give everyone an idea of what they might see at the buffet. We had some picky eaters at our table and our waiters always exchanged and prepared everything as it was asked for.

On the otherhand, service at the Aquaspa cafe was well below standard for Celebrity. I often saw people waiting a long time (greater than 20 minutes at one point.)to get any service-it's like the people just disappeared. On two of the days at lunch time, they ran out of food and it took them almost a 1/2 hour to replace it. Bad planning/management, which brings me to the last snafu of my vacation...

Disembarkation: I decided to take Hop on/off Big Bus tour of Miami which included a ride to the airport and luggage handling. Now every part of this tour was great EXCEPT for the luggage handling. I usually take off my own luggage as I only have one bag-but since it came with the tour thought I'd try it. I put my luggage outside my door before 2300 the night before. It was picked up promptly. The next day after my very quick disembarkation, I waited at the carousels for my luggage and waited and waited. All the other folks in my tour were long gone and I began to get nervous(Yes, I was a little mellow about it at first-but I just had a vacation.) After 1/2 hour and no bag, I contacted the Celebrity cruise person at the port-it took another 1 1/2 but she finally found my bag with the crew bags for some reason. Her service was actually great, she stuck with me through the whole ordeal, went around moving luggage herself trying to find my bag, and made sure I was going to be able to get to my tour. Who knows how my bag ended up where it did--could it be that stateroom attendant again...hmmmm :) Lesson learned take my luggage off myself!

With all the things that wrong, I have to say I would much rather be on the Celebrity Constellation than sitting here on my lunch break at work typing a review. In no way did any of the above mentioned problems ruin my vacation. I just point these out as they are different from my previous experiences on Celebrity. Would I go again? ...absofrackinglutely!!

Publication Date: 12/27/12