Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by hnstlwyr

Member Name: hnstlwyr
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: D2

The good and the bad
My wife and I have been on many cruises and we went with friends on their first cruise.

The ship was fantastic. The entertainment was top notch. Broadway quality.

The service and friendliness of the staff was extraordinary.

He number of venues and things to do was impressive.

Although the ship was sold out, we never noticed overcrowding

Now for the downside

I had read many reviews over the 3 to 4 months before departing. I couldn't believe the reviews which denigrated the food in the main dining room. After all I have been on several royal Carib. Cruises and always looked forward to the dinners in the main dining room.

Unfortunately the food in the mdr was worse than I could have imagined. The shrimp cocktail ordered by my friends and my wife was embarrassing. The shrimp were tiny and not crisp, as I'm told they should by. The steaks were grizzly and fatty. The menu was quite limited. All his left us feeling depressed, since I had told my friends to look forward to these meals.

We had reservations at 2 of the specialty restaurants, and ate at chops a second time, because we were so disappointed in the food in the mdr.

Another problem with the food, was windjammer buffet. It was smaller and was not as well laid out as other buffets on other ships. Not enough choices and the quality f the food was not up to par.

Also, most other cruises had some sort of grill near the pool area so that you could get a freshly made chicken sandwich, hot dog, hamburger, etc., for lunch. There was no such grill on this ship. All they had was a cafeteria style eatery where burgers and hot dogs were placed in pans for the taking. Not the same and again t was far below our expectations.

Some suggestions. Breakfast at Johnny rockets. At least you can get an omelette which you can't get at windjammer.

if royal Caribbean wants repeat customers on his ship they must rethink and improve the food in the mdr and do something about the windjammer. Omelet stations and more fresh fruit would be a good place to start

Publication Date: 12/27/12