Carnival Legend Cruise Review by jaydet: Carnival Legend- Poor Ship Poor Service

jaydet
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Legend- Poor Ship Poor Service

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

As a frequent cruiser on Royal Caribbean, we decided to try a new ship because we liked the ports of call. To my surprise, there was a major difference between carnival cruise line and Royal Caribbean. Let me break my review down in 4 major categories: Ship Appearance, Service & Food Quality, Ship Activities, and Ports of Call.

Ship Appearance:

The Carnival Legend needs a major overhaul. The ship is very rusty and in horrible shape. The Staterooms are poor at best with small tvs, uncomfortable beds, poor drainage in bathrooms, toliet barely flushes. The pool deck was dirty and was never cleaned.

Food & Service Quality: The food options were not appealing and was limited. Several evenings had the same options. As far as the service. The horrible service began the moment we step on the ship. In the Lobby bar, we waited 10 minutes before the bartender even acknowledged we were sitting there and then proceeded to serve other guest that arrived after More we did. In the dining facility, we were seated with individuals that felt the need to make derogatory remarks. In addition, 3 days in a row I did not receive what I actually ordered. When complained to the Maitre D and was moved to another table. At the table, the Waiter told us we were not allowed to sit there, even when the Maitre D brought us to the table. Each night, we began dinner at 8:15pm and it would be 9:00pm before we would receive our apps., although other tables would be at their main course. After mentioning that to the waiter, he proceeded to through my food in front of me. After talking to the Maitre D for the third time, on the last night we finally got service but it came with the waiter sharing the complaint with the other tables who proceeded to make comments all through out dinner. After dinner, I proceed to give a tip to the Maitre D, when I was confronted by an individual from the table that was making comments all night. Besides dinner, the staff was very rude and often times failed to say excuse me or pardon me while walking right into you.

Ship Activities: The only thing I can say about the activities is that there was not activities planned. Very little involvement from the cruise director or his staff.

Ports of Call:
Cozumel: Not much to do if you do not have an execursion planned
Belize- Tender situation is very horrible as it takes 15 minutes to get to the dock from the ship. Belize is not worth your time to get off unless you do an execursion.
Honduras- Very lovely island, great shopping and execursion,
Cayman Islands: Gorgeous Island. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

There is not much to in the port! The tender is long and the organization to get to the port is horrible.

Recommend the Barefoot Catamaran. Very pleasant area