Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by jdooly1

Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: K
Cabin Number: a331
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Princess Caribbean - Great Cruise!
We cruised on the Princess Caribbean to Princess Cays, Curacao, and Aruba. I have to say that this particular cruise was one of the best we have had in a while.

I have seen reviews of food being poor, but I have to disagree there. We ate at the Coral dining room every night with anytime dining and were seated within a few minutes (Sunny is a GREAT matrodie that took great care in making us happy). Each night, the menu was different with the exception of a few staple foods (sirloin hamburger, fettuccine, cocktail shrimp for example). We loved the food at dinner. The fillet Mignon, NY strips, lobster, prawn shrimp, and especially their desserts were to die for....get the creme brulee (I had that almost every night since it's something I don't get at home). Anyway, the food had great flavor, and guess what? If you think it needs salt, feel free to use the salt that's provided to you on the table.

The breakfast buffet was great. We got the omelets, french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and mostly fruits each morning. The french toast was EXCELLENT!

No complaints there at all other than having to wait a little bit sometimes to get my glass refilled at dinner, but that's not too bad.

The service aboard the ship (no matter where you were...cabin, theater, pool, restaurants, etc) was great. Dan the cruise director was splendid!

Mark was our cabin steward, and he was great! He took meticulous care of our cabin and even did a rush order on our laundry on the second to last night of the cruise...he literally ran once we gave him the laundry so they could do it....he never complained or had a frown on his face.

We loved the shows in the evening. EVERY night was a different show including one night with the Hawley Magic who performed on the most recent season of America's Got Talent. I sat on the 2nd row and still couldn't figure out how they did their tricks. On the last night, a former supporting member of the Beach Boys, Alabama, Huey Lewis, and many others performed a comedy set and acoustic set....that was the perfect end to the cruise.

The Movies Under the Stars was fine. The lcd screen wasn't hd but it still looked OK. I thought it was nice and relaxing to recline with a blanket and eat popcorn with my family.

Shockwaves for my son (9 years old) was something he wanted to go to every waking second of the day. He's very shy, so we were surprised he wanted to go all week. The crew members that were at Shockwaves were great and interacted 1 on 1 with the kids, but that might be due to only about a dozen kids being there since it was in between holidays.

There is no ship out there that is perfect...Even the QM2 with Cunard. However, Princess exceeded my expectations and kept a smile on my wife, son, and my face the entire cruise. It was truly sad to have to disembark to go home.

We will definitely be cruising with Princess again, and it wouldn't be a problem for me to cruise on the Princess Caribbean in the future. It was a "Home Away From Home".

Publication Date: 12/26/12