Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Funmum-1007: Pre Christmas cruise to New Zealand

Funmum-1007
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Pre Christmas cruise to New Zealand

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I have been on 8 cruises and with different Cruise lines and feel the Voyager needs a refurbishment asap. I have travelled this cruise with my 2 daughters and their partners. My cabin had mould in the corners of the shower and the rubber lining of the shower doors. We never received the laundry special in our cabin, my daughter that was in another cabin let me know it was on. The venue for the daily quiz was far too small, always over crowded. The staff in general were very friendly and helpful. The waiters in the seated dinning room were great, however, the food in both dinning areas needed to be hotter.
The carpets throughout the vessel needs to be replaced, very tired looking and worn, and have a lot of stains, towards the end of the 15 days the carpets in the hallways were smelling of mould. The tours on offer were way over priced, I realise they need to get a commission to survive, but one tour we priced out side we could have paid 1/3 of price, and the tour was not what was More described.
The spa was good, but again over priced for the service provided.
In general we enjoyed the cruise and the Ports and one of my daughters has already re booked another cruise,as I have booked another cruise also, so even though we were disappointed in this cruise we will still cruise again however,I would not go back on the Voyager until it has a refurbishment, I have been on the Legend's and Oasis. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6588

Bed comfortable;pillows and mattress was good; balcony great with excellent view; bathroom had mould in shower and on the rubber in the doors; cabin was comfortable with three adults; fridge in cabin I would not call a fridge as it was not cold.

In Hobart we hired a car which was fantastic, went down to the Hastings cave, had morning tea in Franklin and had awesome home made scones and home made jam.

Waiheke Walking Tour

(4)
the Volcanic tour was very good, shame about the mist for the photos from the top, but very interesting and value for money.

Waitomo Caves

(3)
the kayak was broken and had to be towed, the cave was a huge disappointment was not value for money

Sydney has a lot too offer, we went off the ship and walked around the harbour, went to lunch in the Rocks; Opera house etc.

Just went on the local bus which we went to the shopping centers and wandered around. Had a pleasant day. The local volunteers were great in every port, directing and offering information.

Cable car

(2)
the Zealander sanctuary was good but had to keep waiting for others to catch up, we should have been given the option to go ahead on our own, we were supposed to have morning tea, but they had a function on so was cancelled. The Cable car was full going up the mountain so we went up in the coach and came down, was not what was described so disappointed.

Lord of the Rings Walking Tour

(5)
Daughter and partner went on this tour and they were totally satisfied with this tour, it was the highlight of their cruise. Everything was as described value for money