Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Costa Is The Worst

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by Costa Is The Worst
Costa Mediterranea
Costa Mediterranea
Member Name: Costa Is The Worst
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: B9
See More About: Costa Mediterranea Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Mediterranea Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Mediterranea Deck Plans
Costa =Cheap
This was my eight cruise and first with Costa. It will be my last. Costa caters to Europeans if you are from Canada or the us you don't get the same service.

My cruise started off with Costa switching my room without my knowledge. After going to the customer service department and speaking to someone who could barely speak English. I was informed the ship was sold out and they couldn't do anything about it and It was a mistake. I later found out this was done to accommodate two Italian families that were Costa club member's. No explanation, apology or compensation was given for this.

This turned out to be very minor compared to the rest of the cruise. The food is truly something to be behold. I found myself filling up on burgers and pizza due to the disgusting buffet. My wife and I numerous people that had got sick from the food. I personally witnessed a Costa staff member wiping plates with a dirty cloth and putting them back out for people to use. I asked him about this, he told admitted this is what they are told to do when they run out of plates.

Dinner was a combination of pasta and cheaper meats for the main course. The maitre d told me that due to carnival cutbacks no lobster or crab would be served. I was on a Carnival ship two years ago and I had lobster so I'm assuming this is just Costa. I usually left hungry and went up for pizza.

The entertainment was a combination of cheap and terrible. The first night was Frank Sinatra night. I was super excited to go when I got to the theatre was a 1975 Frank Sinatra at Madison Square Garden. They never brought in comedians magicians or anyone else with talent. The Costa dancers were no where near professionals. In fact I met one on board she told me she was a Costa waitress before and Costa had promoted her to a Costa dancer. I left most shows after ten minutes. Several shows were in Italian exclusively.

Costa also charges seven dollars per person for room service. I'm used to filling out the room service sheet and having it delivered for free. A glass of orange,apple or grapefruit juice is also two dollars.

I've been very fortunate to be able to go on eight cruises at my age. I've cruised with Celebrity,RCI,HAL,and Carnival. Costa is by far and away the worst. In fact I must have spoke with over thirty people that all said the same. That was probably have the English speaking people on board. Do yourself a favor if you are an American or Canadian like myself spend a little more money and don't go on a Cheap Costa Cruise.

Publication Date: 12/24/12
More Costa Mediterranea Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Costa Mediterranea review Read the next Costa Mediterranea review

Cruise Critic's Costa Mediterranea Review