Infinity through the Panama Canal: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by crafteecruiser
Overall Member Rating
Infinity through the Panama Canal
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego
Boarding in San Diego was fantastic. The layout of the terminal was great and they know how to move people along. We never waited more than 5 minutes in one spot.......we just kept moving along. Disembarking the ship was also relatively painless; we had to wait in line for about 15 minutes.
This was our first time on the Infinity, however, we have been on several M class ships so we already knew the layout. We had lunch with new friends and waited for our room to be ready. This is the third time that we have stayed in this room so there were no surprises. We had an aft cabin on deck 7 and Ben and Belwyn kept the room spotless. They continually asked what else they could do for us.
We normally have breakfast in the buffet as we are early risers. The melons, pancakes, danish, waffles and More eggs were all great. On three mornings there were cinnamon buns which were a pleasant surprise. Our lunch could be anywhere on the ship and sometimes we combine food from two venues depending on what is being served. We ate most of our dinners in the dining room using select dining and could not have asked for more. Elves and Zavala were one of the best waiter combos we have ever had. One night we dined in the United States. As in past Celebrity cruises, the food was excellent, no matter where we went.
Since this was the second time on this trip, we did not take excursions. We went off in each port and looked at what was there. We also enjoy being on the ship when everyone else is gone.
We are elite and get coupons for free internet time. It was totally wasted as service was spotty at best and was not working most of the time.
Also, elite members receive coupons for laundry washing. Even if we had to pay for it, it has always been worth it as you can take less outfits. The laundry area has always done a fantastic job with our clothes.
As a cruise critic group, we did a cabin crawl, slot pull, bar crawl and sailaway party. For the slot pull, we actually got our money back plus 57 cents.
We did have some norovirus going around and the staff went so far as to serve everything on the buffet. Passengers still did not use the sanitizer. We did everything we could to avoid it and were successful.
There were a couple of disappointments:
1. The water pitchers have disappeared from the room. We had an ice bucket but no water; we were told to use the water from the bathroom tap as it is potable.
2. At our CC meet and greet, the cruise director said a few words and answered a couple of questions. Then she handed the microphone to one of our group and left. Not one officer attended. At all of our previous M&M parties, some officers were always present and the Captain even attended some.
3. The officers were not visible. Twice we happened to be eating where they were eating but that was the extent of it. You barely got a nod when they passed you and most times, they had their cell phones glued to their ears.
4. This was the first Celebrity cruise that we have been on where there was no Sunday Catholic Mass.
5. The brunch was cancelled due to the noro being passed around. We always love the brunch.
We had a great time and met some super people. Celebrity remains our favorite cruise line. We have found that there is no such thing as a bad cruise; some are just better than others. Less
Panama Canal with Friends
Great Panama Canal Cruise, Dry...
Great Bucket List Cruise with ...
A disappointing experience aft...
Almost Perfect: Part Deux