“I didn't want to go.”
Cruise review of Viking Spirit (Retired)

Teesnme4 Viking Spirit (Retired) 5 I didn't want to go.
Teesnme4
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I have traveled to many parts of the world and have enjoyed our time away no matter where we have traveled. The US offers many wonderful things to see and we enjoy baseball and travel to different places to see the games. Well, it took many years but my wife finally convinced me to go to France. I only asked that the trip include a visit to Normandy. Friends of ours had done a barge cruise in France and they had a great time. I researched several companies and Viking was highly recommended and had the itinerary we wanted. We booked our cruise for September 2012, and let me tell you we had the MOST wonderful time. From the time we stepped off the plane at CD we were treated with the utmost respect and we had a wonderful experience. The staff was all friendly and accommodated our every request. The meals were very good, the drinks were fairly priced and the excursions were all well organized. We had great tour guides, the where so French it seemed like a Monty Python sketch at times. The captain of the Spirit,Davey, was very reassuring and the fact that the first mate spoke no english made it even more interesting. Normandy was outstanding and I am SO glad my wife convinced me to go. We are looking at Amsterdam in 2014.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window

B310
It was very small but its a small boat, we were in a balcony room. The only thing about that level is as you pass by other barges or locks the lights can be VERY bright!
Published 12/24/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Spirit (Retired) Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?