Viking Spirit Cruise Review by Teesnme4

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Paris
Destination: Europe River
Cabin Category: B
See More About: Viking Spirit Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Viking Spirit Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Viking Spirit Deck Plans
I didn't want to go.
My wife and I have traveled to many parts of the world and have enjoyed our time away no matter where we have traveled. The US offers many wonderful things to see and we enjoy baseball and travel to different places to see the games.

Well, it took many years but my wife finally convinced me to go to France. I only asked that the trip include a visit to Normandy. Friends of ours had done a barge cruise in France and they had a great time. I researched several companies and Viking was highly recommended and had the itinerary we wanted.

We booked our cruise for September 2012, and let me tell you we had the MOST wonderful time. From the time we stepped off the plane at CD we were treated with the utmost respect and we had a wonderful experience.

The staff was all friendly and accommodated our every request. The meals were very good, the drinks were fairly priced and the excursions were all well organized. We had great tour guides, the where so French it seemed like a Monty Python sketch at times.

The captain of the Spirit,Davey, was very reassuring and the fact that the first mate spoke no english made it even more interesting.

Normandy was outstanding and I am SO glad my wife convinced me to go. We are looking at Amsterdam in 2014.

Publication Date: 12/24/12