“Paradise needs help.”
Cruise review of Carnival Paradise

vette202 Carnival Paradise 3 Paradise needs help.
vette202
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I went on a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Paradise to the western caribbean. We stayed at the Comfort Inn on N. Dale Mabrey in Tampa which offered free shuttle service to and from the port. The staff at the motel were very friendly and helpful; the motel does need a remodel job in the rooms. Shuttle service to the port was very good, shuttle service from the port was very poor, had a long wait for just 1 shuttle van running. The Carnival Paradise was very clean, the staff was polite and helpful but when taking a shower in our room was a nightmare. I would get the water temp just right and after app. 30 seconds it would get very cold, then after 30 seconds of cols water it would get to hot. I felt like a yo-yo in the shower, in out, in out. We had to request an ice bucket because we were to have a small frig in the room which we didn't. I love ice cream and it seems like every time I went to get some, the 3 machines were giving melted ice cream or they were down for maintence. One earley night they said they had run out of cones but would have some tomorrow and one early night they said they had no power to the machines. The TV's in our room needed to made a anchor and thrown overboard. This is my 5 th. cruise and 3rd. fantasy class ship I have been on and by far the worse. They said it might be a couple of years before the Paradise gets an upgrade but till then I will try other ships..
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

Port
Very clean, but taxi's to main part of town a little high. Not as many people trying to pull you into their stores as in the past. Have a great time there.
Read 4,593 Cozumel Reviews
Published 12/23/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Paradise Review
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?