Disney Dream Cruise Review by jginat

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
The perfect cruise ship for children
I took, with my 9 years old son, a 3 nights cruise, stopping at Nassau (Bahamas) and Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.

It was my second cruise aboard the Disney Dream. The first one being during it's inaugural season. And I have to say right away - the ship still feels new and spectacular.

We stayed at Orlando before the cruise, and visited the parks, however we didn't stay at one of the Disney hotels, nor did we use the Disney's transfers. We had a rented car, and getting to the port was really easy. All rental agencies (I used Budget) have a shuttle to the port, and I think it's the easiest way to get to the port.

Embarkation was a breeze. Less than 10 minutes from the moment we arrived at the port to the moment we were on the ship.

This being our second cruise with Disney we got many amenities (a backpack, a key chain, and several other things), which was really great.

The room was excellent - It was very big (in comparison with cruise ships rooms) . Although we were only 2 it can easily accommodate 4. We even had a small bathtub. The bad is high, so you can easily store all your luggage under it after unpacking. The bathroom is divided (to bathroom and toilet), which is a fantastic idea. The room was quite and clean, and our stewardess was really excellent and caring.

There were lots of activities - never a dull moment. There are of course all the waterworks, the Aquaduck (be prepared for a 15-20 minutes line, doesn't matter when you try it). Which is a must, at least once in daytime and once at night. There is a very entertaining mini-golf course, and an interactive mystery to solve while chasing clues across the ship (the mid ship detective agency).

And, of course, there are the character meetings and the shows. The shows are spectacular. Much better than on any other cruise ship I have been on. And the Character meetings are a must when travelling with a child (be prepared to stand in lines).

The only downside I can think off (it's not really a downside) is that we had late dining, which can be a little bit late sometimes when travelling with a child, especially after a day full of activities. There is no alternative buffet at dinner, so if you are too tired to go to the dining room, your only choice is room service. Having said that - there is never a shortage of food, and the food was really great.

Although I'm not a fan of our first port, Nassau, Disney's private island is a must. It's maybe the best port of call I've been in, with lots of activities, excellent food, and lovely beaches.

Disney's prices are a little bit higher than other cruise line, but really worth it. Next time I should really do a longer cruise.

Debarkation was a breeze too. At 7:25 I was on the ship buying a photo, and 15 minutes later I was waiting for the shuttle to the rental car agency. at 8 I was already in my rented car heading back to Orlando.

Publication Date: 12/23/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by jginat
More Disney Dream Cruise Reviews