Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by rp1106rn: Cruise unexpectedly lasted wayyy toooo long....

rp1106rn
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruise unexpectedly lasted wayyy toooo long....

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

Hello! This was my first cruise and I went with my parents, also 1st time cruisers. Carnival Triumph itself is alright, you get what you paid for.

Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze as long as you don't listen to that annoying cruise director, omg, she is annoying and babbles on and on the entire cruise. 1st sea day was ok, on ship stage shows were awesome except they were very loud. I played bingo several nights, one night a gentleman won the jackpot of $1400 and then again the last game for $200, he left with $1600!

Progreso is not comparable to Cozumel, but everyone was friendly. I ended up staying on the beach and then headed back to the ship around 1.30pm, while my parents went to the Mayan ruins. Cozumel was nice, more shops, Sub Ocean view excursion, but the beach not nearly as spacious or nice as Progreso.

An unexpected occurrence with the ship's propeller/malfunction in the speed of the ship caused a delay in Cozumel and instead of leaving More port at 5, we disembarked after 9pm! This caused a delay in reaching Galvestonm instead of reaching in the morning at 9 on final day, we reached at 3.30p!! It was a long mess, and for me a boring trip. Maybe it was my company, maybe the fact that we were on the ship way too long...either way it was not great but not bad.

Customer service was excellent, even room service for extra towels!
Do NOT listen to debarkation procedures, just head toward the 3rd level near Rome Lounge and wait until everyone starts to leave and you will get off the ship faster! :) Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>