Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by PIGSKIN

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

1st time on a oasis class ship
BACKGROUND --- this was my 1st cruise as a c&a diamond member---my 11th rccl cruise overall.

I have been on about 28 cruises.

HOTEL---being from Phoenix - I flew in the day before and stayed at pier 66. It was a nice area but I've stayed in nicer rooms before. It was just not that big and I had no view of anything but the back and top of buildings. They had no rooms avail with views of the ships.

TRAVEL TO PORT---I took a taxi because I could not wait for the shuttle. It was about a 12 dollars taxi ride cause we had to wait for the bridge.

EMBARKATION---- was the best I have ever seen.

STATEROOM--my room was on deck 8 --8218. It was right in the middle on deck 8. It was nice room with the bed by the balcony. Since it was jus me in the room - the size was fine. I do wish there was a lounge chair on the balcony. Loved all the things you could do on the tv. It was also very quite.

DINNING---I booked deck 8 because of the specialty dinning places. The 1st night I ate at Giovanni's Table and it was my favorite dinning place. The waiter was MIhai who made this the best for me. He was just the best server I've ever had on a cruise ship. I also ate at chops, 150 Central Park (very nice even for a picky eater). Vintages was very nice for a nice snack and a glass of wine. The Park Cafe was just as good as everyone says--salad, roast beef, soup and bagel were all great.

The main dinning room I have no complaints ---my server Monica and the food was all good.

Also ate at boardwalk doghouse, ice cream place, cupcake cupboard, pizza and cafe. I did try the windjammer for breakfast one morning----ham was very dry and even the bacon was not the best.

Had a raspberry smoothie at the spa and it was heaven.

ENTERTAINMENT--- I love all the shows but Blue Planet was my favorite. Make sure you make reservations way in advance--I did. Also do not miss the love and marriage show--it is always so funny.

ACTIVITIES--All Acces Tour was well worth the 150 dollars.

SERVICE---everyone that I came across was wonderful from dinning to photo to cruise staff to cruise director to shops.

PORT TOURS--- The Segway tour in St Maarten was a blast.

DISEMBARKKATION--- I did the luggage valet so I did not have any luggage to claim. About 15 minutes standing in line then I was on my way to the airport.

SUMMARY--- make all reservations early

Publication Date: 12/22/12