Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by PIGSKIN: 1st time on a oasis class ship

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

1st time on a oasis class ship

Sail Date: December 2012

BACKGROUND --- this was my 1st cruise as a c&a diamond member---my 11th rccl cruise overall.
I have been on about 28 cruises.
HOTEL---being from Phoenix - I flew in the day before and stayed at pier 66. It was a nice area but I've stayed in nicer rooms before. It was just not that big and I had no view of anything but the back and top of buildings. They had no rooms avail with views of the ships.
TRAVEL TO PORT---I took a taxi because I could not wait for the shuttle. It was about a 12 dollars taxi ride cause we had to wait for the bridge.
EMBARKATION---- was the best I have ever seen.
STATEROOM--my room was on deck 8 --8218. It was right in the middle on deck 8. It was nice room with the bed by the balcony. Since it was jus me in the room - the size was fine. I do wish there was a lounge chair on the balcony. Loved all the things you could do on the tv. It was also very quite.
DINNING---I booked deck 8 because of the specialty dinning places. The 1st night I More ate at Giovanni's Table and it was my favorite dinning place. The waiter was MIhai who made this the best for me. He was just the best server I've ever had on a cruise ship. I also ate at chops, 150 Central Park (very nice even for a picky eater). Vintages was very nice for a nice snack and a glass of wine. The Park Cafe was just as good as everyone says--salad, roast beef, soup and bagel were all great.
The main dinning room I have no complaints ---my server Monica and the food was all good.
Also ate at boardwalk doghouse, ice cream place, cupcake cupboard, pizza and cafe. I did try the windjammer for breakfast one morning----ham was very dry and even the bacon was not the best.
Had a raspberry smoothie at the spa and it was heaven.
ENTERTAINMENT--- I love all the shows but Blue Planet was my favorite. Make sure you make reservations way in advance--I did. Also do not miss the love and marriage show--it is always so funny.
ACTIVITIES--All Acces Tour was well worth the 150 dollars.
SERVICE---everyone that I came across was wonderful from dinning to photo to cruise staff to cruise director to shops.
PORT TOURS--- The Segway tour in St Maarten was a blast.
DISEMBARKKATION--- I did the luggage valet so I did not have any luggage to claim. About 15 minutes standing in line then I was on my way to the airport.
SUMMARY--- make all reservations early Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8218

This cabin location was great. It was right in the middle on deck 8. So it did't matter what end of the ship I was on. I was always in the middle. It was just me in the cabin. I would say up to 2 people is it to be comfy. I do wish the balcony had a lounge chair. It was also very very quite. My bed was by the balcony. I was also very quite-I never herd a thing.

(5.5)
I took the Segway tour and had a blast, it does put pressure on your knees. It was very easy to learn.
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

City Tour

(3)
Had a lot of traffic issues, not driver fault. Wish I had more time at Atlantis resort.

I took the Segway tour and had a blast. It was very easy to use but it did put pressure on your knees. Our guide was great and very good at his job.

Magic Ice

(5.5)
The owner picked us up at the port. She was a very nice lady from Norway. It was nice seeing the all the ice pieces wish it little longer. When we were done the owner took us back to the ship herself---very nice.