“Carnival Surpassed my Expectations”
Cruise review of Carnival Fantasy

FrankZ2010 Carnival Fantasy 5 Carnival Surpassed my Expectations
FrankZ2010
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I had very low expectations, having previously cruised on the Carnival Fascination in August 2011. I have to admit that I have no complaints. I learned too late on my last cruise to stay away from the mess hall (LIDO). We ate breakfast every morning in the Celebrations Dining Room and Dinner in the Jubilee Dining Room. The food was outstanding. We stayed in Room E159 on the Empress deck. Every time we left the room,it was clean when we came back. Matt69 really nailed everything in his review. He was part of our roll call, and I never had the opportunity to meet him even though his room was down the hall from ours. My only complaint is the Charleston Port. There are a number of ramps that you have to climb to get on the ship. There is also quite a bit of chaos when you get off the ship and have to traverse the ramps on the way down and go into a warehouse to find your luggage. Remember the location Code! It could be quite taxing if you are not in great shape or carry on a number of bags/booze. We did the Park and Cruise at the Sleep Inn in Mt. Pleasant. Rooms were clean and it was a convenient location. You do have to find your own shuttle to the port.We used Most Wanted Transportation to shuttle us to the Cruise port. They were very reliable and professional. It costs $15 each way and I highly recommend them.
Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6EE159
Cabin E159. Great cleaning crew! Dirty windows outside. Average size room for 2 people. Plenty of storage. maybe add some more hangers. Add more electrical outlets overall. Fantasy is absolutely confusing. You can't get there from here. You have to go up stairs to go from Jubilee to Celebration, and then down the stairs again to the same floor at the opposite side of the ship. Cattle Call outside of Jubilee waiting for it to open. Maybe let people wait in Forum and/or Majestic Bar rather in hallway and up and down stairs. Also, not enough seating in Lido Dining Hall. Maybe publicize Celebrations open dining more for Breakfast and Lunch. People may be not aware that dress is more casual for those meals.

Port
We enjoyed out time in Freeport. Taxis are well organized and reasonable on the trip to Our Lucaya Marketplace.
Read 1,076 Freeport Reviews
Atlantis Aquarium
Really interesting. Also, the cost was $56 which includes round trip shuttle to Ship. The day pass at Atlantis is $40 and $10 round trip fro taxi, so well worth the cost. Tour Guide was OK, hard to understand at times. BUT - I would recommend this tour.
Published 12/22/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Fantasy Review
Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?