Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by FrankZ2010

Cabin Category: 6E
Cabin Number: E159
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Surpassed my Expectations
I had very low expectations, having previously cruised on the Carnival Fascination in August 2011. I have to admit that I have no complaints. I learned too late on my last cruise to stay away from the mess hall (LIDO). We ate breakfast every morning in the Celebrations Dining Room and Dinner in the Jubilee Dining Room. The food was outstanding.

We stayed in Room E159 on the Empress deck. Every time we left the room,it was clean when we came back. Matt69 really nailed everything in his review. He was part of our roll call, and I never had the opportunity to meet him even though his room was down the hall from ours.

My only complaint is the Charleston Port. There are a number of ramps that you have to climb to get on the ship. There is also quite a bit of chaos when you get off the ship and have to traverse the ramps on the way down and go into a warehouse to find your luggage. Remember the location Code! It could be quite taxing if you are not in great shape or carry on a number of bags/booze.

We did the Park and Cruise at the Sleep Inn in Mt. Pleasant. Rooms were clean and it was a convenient location. You do have to find your own shuttle to the port.We used Most Wanted Transportation to shuttle us to the Cruise port. They were very reliable and professional. It costs $15 each way and I highly recommend them.

Publication Date: 12/22/12