Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by FrankZ2010: Carnival Surpassed my Expectations

FrankZ2010
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Carnival Surpassed my Expectations

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

I had very low expectations, having previously cruised on the Carnival Fascination in August 2011. I have to admit that I have no complaints. I learned too late on my last cruise to stay away from the mess hall (LIDO). We ate breakfast every morning in the Celebrations Dining Room and Dinner in the Jubilee Dining Room. The food was outstanding.

We stayed in Room E159 on the Empress deck. Every time we left the room,it was clean when we came back. Matt69 really nailed everything in his review. He was part of our roll call, and I never had the opportunity to meet him even though his room was down the hall from ours.

My only complaint is the Charleston Port. There are a number of ramps that you have to climb to get on the ship. There is also quite a bit of chaos when you get off the ship and have to traverse the ramps on the way down and go into a warehouse to find your luggage. Remember the location Code! It could be quite taxing if you are not in great shape or carry More on a number of bags/booze.

We did the Park and Cruise at the Sleep Inn in Mt. Pleasant. Rooms were clean and it was a convenient location. You do have to find your own shuttle to the port.We used Most Wanted Transportation to shuttle us to the Cruise port. They were very reliable and professional. It costs $15 each way and I highly recommend them. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Oceanview Empress E159

Cabin E159. Great cleaning crew! Dirty windows outside. Average size room for 2 people. Plenty of storage. maybe add some more hangers. Add more electrical outlets overall. Fantasy is absolutely confusing. You can't get there from here. You have to go up stairs to go from Jubilee to Celebration, and then down the stairs again to the same floor at the opposite side of the ship. Cattle Call outside of Jubilee waiting for it to open. Maybe let people wait in Forum and/or Majestic Bar rather in hallway and up and down stairs. Also, not enough seating in Lido Dining Hall. Maybe publicize Celebrations open dining more for Breakfast and Lunch. People may be not aware that dress is more casual for those meals.

We enjoyed out time in Freeport. Taxis are well organized and reasonable on the trip to Our Lucaya Marketplace.
Read 771 Freeport Reviews

Atlantis Aquarium

(4)
Really interesting. Also, the cost was $56 which includes round trip shuttle to Ship. The day pass at Atlantis is $40 and $10 round trip fro taxi, so well worth the cost. Tour Guide was OK, hard to understand at times. BUT - I would recommend this tour.