Carnival Pride Cruise Review by rkoh: Carnival Pride - 12/09-16/12; Baltimore - Bahamas

rkoh
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Carnival Pride - 12/09-16/12; Baltimore - Bahamas

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

We just got home from spending a week in Room 6309 on the CARNIVAL PRIDE and highly recommend it.

It was more spacious then as described and had all the amenities needed for comfortable cruising. Some of the better features were the nice sized balcony - room enough for two with cocktails and books. The balcony door was thick enough that there was no outside noise coming into the cabin.

Being on the vessel's starboard quarter (aft) we had a nice look at the sunset while travelling south and the sunrise on return. The location of the cabin is just about ideal also as it is located aft of the last set of elevators (a short walk forward) so it doesn't have any foot traffic other then others who have rooms in that corridor. It was very quiet - more so than we thought it would be.

The closet and drawer space was more than adequate; we packed more than was needed but still had storage room to spare. The rooms is tastefully decorated in a somewhat Swedish wooden More decor and, I believe, purposefully understated as opposed to the rest of the public areas of the ship. A bit of a simpler oasis as it were. The bathroom is a nice size for one person; it will accommodate two if one person is in the shower. The shower was great - good pressure, good temp control and the shower head is adjustable to fit even my 6'6" height. Not an easy thing to do!

The bed was a King (two twins put together and was VERY comfortable. The pillows were firm yet soft and the duvet was like a cloud. We slept very well. Our Steward was excellent and proactive. The room was always very clean and neat. Ice and water was refreshed in the afternoons and he made a point to stop by in the late afternoon to see if we had any requests for that evening. I left a bottle of champagne on the counter and he iced it along with four glasses without being asked to do so.

I always slide the Steward/Concierge a $20 bill when we first meet and that ensures he remembers you, then I leave the rest of the $15 dollar a day tip when we depart.

One bit of advice: I bought a small Bluetooth "Auvio" battery (rechargeable) speaker from Radio Shack (@$80) so that I could play music in the stateroom from my cell phone. It was a great idea and made those times when you need to put some distance between yourself and the rest of the ship and passengers that much nicer when you had your own music filling the stateroom. Plus the romantic evenings were that much nicer.

All in all this Room 6309 was really worth every penny and more. We had a very nice cruise and in real stateroom comfort. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6309

Room 6309 was great. Quiet and easily big enough for my 6"6" frame, balcony held two with room to spare.